Part 2 follow up from our June Podcast on the Power and Impact of Anniversary Reflection:
Megan has been working with many school sports teams on mindset preparation. Today we dig into the swimming team(s) and much more. She talks to our audience regularly, about many high-value topics such as health, fitness, mindset, and Sports Psychology. Specializing as a Sports Psychologist, Megan brings a wealth of mindset psychology and a whole lot more to our show. Listen in while we catch up with Dr. Megan Cannon Ph.D.!
Today’s shorter podcast is Part II of our theme from June, for July. We dig deeper into the understanding benefits to celebrate your anniversaries. We recorded both episodes back to back, live, at F13 Performance surrounded by the #SYRArmy.
Top 3 Hot Points:
- Athletic Anniversaries
- Celebrate Anniversaries
- Track Milestones
[spp-tweet tweet=”A Sports Psychology Tip is to Celebrate and Reflect on your Anniversaries. @DrMeganCannon “]
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [spp-timestamp time=”00:30″] Introduction
- [spp-timestamp time=”02:00″] Five year anniversary of SYR CrossFit, now F13 Performance.
- [spp-timestamp time=”04:00″] Coming up on almost three years of the podcast as an anniversary reflection.
- [spp-timestamp time=”05:00″] I did a Facebook Live the other day to celebrate that my Fuel Foundations non-profit was approved.
- [spp-timestamp time=”11:35″] New anniversaries like Scott’s collapsed lung and now his wedding.
- [spp-timestamp time=”12:37″] Fourth to the fifth anniversary of Dr. Megan working with the swim program of Emmaus High School.
- [spp-timestamp time=”13:00″] A reflection on Dr. Megan’s third year in the Poconos for a Summer Camp Run.
- [spp-timestamp time=”22:00″] Fat-adapted training celebrations and reflection by Scott.
- [spp-timestamp time=”28:00″] Being aware of reminding ourselves to pause and celebrate these anniversaries and look back. Where was your training two years ago vs your awareness of that today? You might not call it an anniversary, but rather call it a reflection.
- [spp-timestamp time=”30:57″] Final Words
Final Thoughts are, give yourself a permission to pause and that’s not just in looking back and goalsetting you know. Obviously, a really big part of what we’ve been talking about is to also give yourself a chance to pause and just slow down. Recognize the influence of culture and our particular culture that pushes. Look at how much your self-worth linked to what you’re doing in a day. It’s okay to pause, it’s okay to go to the beach, it’s okay to take time to not only look back but to just give yourself time to rejuvenate, refresh, and slow down. This is so you can sustain being productive, or sustain your work, or sustain your level of whatever type of productivity longer.
- F13 Performance first13athletics.com
Links and Resources:
- Dr. Megan Cannon on Facebook
- Dr. Megan Cannon on Instagram
- Dr. Megan Cannon on Twitter
- Dr. Megan Cannon on Linked-In
Watch On YouTube:
- 281: Celebrate Athletic Anniversaries with Dr. Megan Cannon
- 263: Endurance Psychology, Iron Cowboy, Mental Fortitude, and Free Solo
- 261: Swimming Seasons and Pre-Competition Prep Psychology
- 204: LIVE, Masculine vs Feminine Energy with Dr. Megan Cannon Ph.D.
- 229: Athlete Injury Recovery and Mindset
- 197: LIVE from CoreLife, Ragnar, Transformation, Bone Broth with Dr. Megan Cannon Ph.D.
- 185: Reviewing Mindfulness with Dr. Megan Cannon Ph.D.
- 181: Reviewing Body Image, CrossFit, Murph, etc with Dr. Megan Cannon Ph.D
- 167: Sleep & Performance, Rest B4 Failure, CrossFit Open, Mind+Body+Spirit with Dr. Megan Cannon
- 152: Anxiety, the Super Bowl, and CrossFit Adoration with Dr. Megan Cannon and Corley Heiserman
- 124: Confidence is like Deodorant with Dr. Megan Cannon
- 093: Seasonal Affective Disorder & the Spartan Race Mindset LIVE at Whole Foods Allentown
- 067: Hobbies and Healthy Lifestyles with Dr. Megan Cannon Ph.D.
- 053: Emotional IQ and Intelligence with Dr. Megan Cannon
- 050: A Healthy 50th Podcast with Mind of the Athlete
- 042: Goals for 2017 & Return of Dr. Megan Cannon Ph.D
- 021: Understanding our Mindset with Mind of the Athlete
- Submit an iTunes Review. More 5 Stars reaches more people!
- Visit our Resources page and a reminder to LIVE-THE-FUEL my friends!
- Join my private Facebook community THE FUEL TANK!