Today’s Episode is a Part II from Dr. Megan Cannon’s episode 261. We dig deeper into the Endurance Psychology Mindset, the Iron Cowboy, the Free Solo documentary, and more:
Megan has been working with many school sports teams on mindset preparation. Today we dig into the swimming team(s) and much more. She talks to our audience regularly, about many high-value topics such as health, fitness, mindset, and Sports Psychology. Specializing as a Sports Psychologist, Megan brings a wealth of mindset psychology and a whole lot more to our show. Listen in while we catch up with Dr. Megan Cannon Ph.D.!
Quote: He who has their why to live for can bear almost any how!
– James Lawrence aka The Iron Cowboy
Today’s shorter podcast is a Part II, following our newer short form with Dr. Megan Cannon. She’s gotten busier, as have I, so we now are recording back to back episodes to be paired off of each other. Our new mindset pump format is trying to stay around 30 minutes or less. Let’s see how you, the listeners, like the performance and knowledge we can cram into these newer 30-minute episodes!
Top 3 Hot Points:
- Endurance Mindset Psychology
- The Power of Your Why
- Powerful Mindset Shifts
[spp-tweet tweet=”He who has their WHY to live for can bear almost any how! @ironcowboyjames You Too Can LIVETHEFUEL! #ironcowboy @drmegancannon “]
I don’t think we can beat anything outside of the iron cowboys quote of “He who has their why to live for can bear almost any how”. That, I think encompasses not only the pushing through the pain, the power of the mind, the mental preparation and just the power of giving that attention to mindset and that preparation. That component of things whether it’s pushing through a big business project, making a big decision, or pushing through pain at a race or in a practice. If you have identified why and “what am I doing this for”, you really can withstand so much more. It’s just the power of that mind motivation.
- 261: Swimming Seasons and Pre-Competition Prep Psychology
- 204: LIVE, Masculine vs Feminine Energy with Dr. Megan Cannon Ph.D.
- 229: Athlete Injury Recovery and Mindset
- 197: LIVE from CoreLife, Ragnar, Transformation, Bone Broth with Dr. Megan Cannon Ph.D.
- 185: Reviewing Mindfulness with Dr. Megan Cannon Ph.D.
- 181: Reviewing Body Image, CrossFit, Murph, etc with Dr. Megan Cannon Ph.D
- 167: Sleep & Performance, Rest B4 Failure, CrossFit Open, Mind+Body+Spirit with Dr. Megan Cannon
- 152: Anxiety, the Super Bowl, and CrossFit Adoration with Dr. Megan Cannon and Corley Heiserman
- 124: Confidence is like Deodorant with Dr. Megan Cannon
- 093: Seasonal Affective Disorder & the Spartan Race Mindset LIVE at Whole Foods Allentown
- 067: Hobbies and Healthy Lifestyles with Dr. Megan Cannon Ph.D.
- 053: Emotional IQ and Intelligence with Dr. Megan Cannon
- 050: A Healthy 50th Podcast with Mind of the Athlete
- 042: Goals for 2017 & Return of Dr. Megan Cannon Ph.D
- 021: Understanding our Mindset with Mind of the Athlete
Links and Resources:
- Dr. Megan Cannon on Facebook
- Dr. Megan Cannon on Instagram
- Dr. Megan Cannon on Twitter
- Dr. Megan Cannon on Linked-In
- Climber Alex Hannold and the Documentary Film FREE SOLO
- FREE SOLO Trailer Clip on YouTube
- Andy Frisella’s MFCEO Podcast Episode 290 – Redefine Impossible, Iron Cowboy, James Lawrence
- James Lawrence aka The Iron Cowboy
- Book: Iron Cowboy – Redefine Impossible
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [spp-timestamp time=”00:30″] Introduction
- [spp-timestamp time=”02:00″] Digging back in deeper on the topic of James Lawrence aka the Iron Cowboy and his 50 Ironmans in 50 States in 50 Days!
- [spp-timestamp time=”11:00″] Running for a food foundation, childhood obesity awareness, and an advocate for health and wellness.
- [spp-timestamp time=”12:30″] Mental fortitude and transitioning into discussing the Free Solo documentary film.
- [spp-timestamp time=”17:45″] Shoutout to the MFCEO Podcast and recommending to listen to their episode 290 with James Lawrence.
- [spp-timestamp time=”20:00″] His body started healing faster after his injuries and further on his is Ironmans from thirty to the fifty.
- [spp-timestamp time=”26:00″] That pain is just that initial protective mechanism. The body is more capable of healing potential.
- [spp-timestamp time=”30:00″] Catching up with Megan and why Scott missed their podcast appointment due to him finding out he collapsed a lung.
- [spp-timestamp time=”35:00″] Scott passes out.
- [spp-timestamp time=”44:30″] Final Words
- Submit an iTunes Review. More 5 Stars reaches more people!
- Visit our Resources page and a reminder to LIVE-THE-FUEL my friends!
- Join my private Facebook community THE FUEL TANK!