Pop-Tarts suck, Wilderness 101 is no joke, and the FATDOC film review with Brian Strauser:
Brian Strauser of the Strauser Project returns to discuss his Wilderness 101 race training and his review of the new release of the FATDOC aka FAT: a documentary film release from Vinnie Tortorich, Peter Pardini, and Serena Scott Thomas.
The Strauser Project is stepping up for the younger generation and others, blazing out a trail for others to follow. Brian is a guy with tremendous heart and wears his emotions on his sleeve… along with a few tattoos too!
Quote: Pop-Tarts Suck – Brian Strauser
Top 3 Hot Points:
- Wilderness 101 aka the W101 Race is Insane!
- Watch the FAT: a documentary film aka FATDOC
- Pop-Tarts Suck!
[spp-tweet tweet=”Pop-Tarts Suck! discussing W101 Ultra Race and film review of the #FATDOC #StrauserProject @vinnietortorich You Too Can LIVETHEFUEL! @livethefuel “]
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [spp-timestamp time=”00:30″] Introduction
- [spp-timestamp time=”10:00″] You can’t even explain this to people that haven’t experienced the Wilderness 101 and actually have done it or been there. It was amazing the amount of climbing just to get up to the top of that day.
- [spp-timestamp time=”20:00″] I think a Specialized fat bike came in and it was like 13 hours or there’s like 12 hours and 50 some minutes. He comes rolling in on his fat bike and that’s just insanity!
- [spp-timestamp time=”30:00″] Most people that don’t race or haven’t put themselves through this type of thing, don’t understand that getting sweaty is a challenge. What people don’t understand is when you’re wet and your equipment is rubbing back and forth on your legs, you might as well have 100 grit sandpaper. You’ll get Rashed beyond belief or bleed in places just like runners have happened, where their nipples are bleeding just from their shirt rubbing.
- [spp-timestamp time=”40:00″] The government and these people are supposed to be watching after us and taking care of us. Like everything else, it’s more about the money and all the bullshit. Ever since I had this little girl, as a baby and watching her grow up, I now get more involved with the worrying about the types of stuff that I’m putting in her mouth.
- [spp-timestamp time=”50:00″] So much of it goes back to diet, that’s what fuels us, it’s what makes us what we are. If you’re not putting the right things in and instead of putting chemicals and all of the sprays and the stuff that goes into manufactured foods.
- [spp-timestamp time=”54:00″] It’s hard to wrap your brain around it and think that some guy is trying to screw you over by selling me a pop-tart, well that can’t be that bad. Well, it is that bad, Pop-Tarts Suck!
- [spp-timestamp time=”56:00″] Final Words
The biggest thing I would say to anybody is to keep an open mind. This has been an awesome ride ever since I met you a number of years ago. I think it’s been three to four years ago now. Ever since I went out and suffered in the woods and it was a little bit of comfort there too. While I was standing underneath that bridge, watching you pull up in the middle of the W101 and knowing that I just put you through that pain and suffering. Part of that was pretty exciting. But the one thing that all of this stuff has kind of done for me is open my eyes to just being more open to different things. You know, I never was into this type of stuff. I’ve now read more books in the past four years than I probably read in the past 40.
It’s been a blast. You know, anybody watching in this stuff, check out this FATDOC, it was a great story. I told my wife as soon as I watched it and said something to her. I don’t care if I gotta put my family in a car, go to Staten Island to visit with one of her family members, I’ll put it on in my truck so nobody can get away from it. They’re just gonna listen to it because it’s amazing information that’s out there now. Somebody can definitely get something from it. It’s not stuff that I would have been following in the past and it’s definitely things that I’ve been opened up to more recently. It’s just been a great ride to learn all this stuff.
- The Strauser Project on Facebook
- Leesburg Bakers Dozen Race on BikeReg
- Wilderness 101 Race July 20, 2019 (on BikeReg)
- My Strava feed from W101:
- 2019 W101 race results:
- NUE Overview of W101:
- Past W101 Race Course info:
- Mountain Touring Overview of W101:
Watch On YouTube:
- The Struggle is Real & Wilderness 101 MTB Race with Brian Strauser episode 274
- Brian’s Wilderness 101 episode 258
- Brian’s Holiday Appreciation episode 238
- Brian’s Epidermolysis Bullosa Awareness episode 045
- Brian’s first podcast Super Dad Strauser Project episode 017
- Submit an iTunes Review. More 5 Stars reaches more people!
- Visit our Resources page and a reminder to LIVE-THE-FUEL my friends!
- Join my private Facebook community THE FUEL TANK!