Today we have revisited the same Starbucks as we did in EP016 to bring you this powerful and emotion driven episode. This episode is about the mental game. Building yourself mentally stronger will allow everything else to fall in line in life. Learning to rise above and to be embracing your emotions to find your “Why” that drives you. That is what today’s co-host has exactly done. Brian Strauser of The Strauser Project is stepping up for the younger generation and others, blazing out a trail for others to follow. Brian is a guy with tremendous heart and wears his emotions on his sleeve… along with a few tattoos too!
We Talk The Strauser Project and more:
- [2:58] Volunteer work
- [6:22] Can’t say no – moving past that to figure out a balanced life
- [8:09] In the year 2000, Brian weighed 328lb. He had issues walking up stairs and even tying his shoes. At this point in his life, Brian could not understand why and how he got to like that.
- [9:56] The wake-up call and educating himself
- [11:14] The moment that saved his life
- [13:17] Being the best he can be and helping others
- [17:01] Moving past the fear
- [18:25] You are the product of the five people you spend the most time with – Jim Rohn
- [23:40] Setting the standards for his kids
- [25:06] A letter from a friend
- [27:25] You can’t force it
- [31:16] Being Human and showing you vulnerable side
- [34:21] In life, in business and relationships, people can talk a lot of talk. But in the end, are you taking action.
- [35:39] Dean Karnazes Ultramarathon man. Embracing the struggle
- [37:36] The mental game
- [40:01] Build yourself mentally strong and everything else will fall in line
- [44:17] It is so easy for us to focus on the “I”, where are you with the “We”, and saying No
- [46:36] Showing up. Stepping up for the younger generation
- [50:07] Endurance – It takes work
- [54:25] SAID Principle: Specific adaptation to imposed to man. Which means, you get good at what you do.
- [57:20] I love your legs! Pain is temporary and quitting is forever
- [60:33] What is your why
- [65:31] Final Words
Links and Resources
- Bill Philips
- Jim Rohn
- Dean Karnazes
- Andre Young
- John Lee Dumas
- John Dilgen
- Steve Lemak
- Michael Keogh
Rise above. Be transparent, be open to who you are and embrace that. Find your why and take action on it.
- Thank you for listening, please take a few minutes to Submit an iTunes Show Rating & Review, we love 5 Stars!
- Join THE FUEL TANK on Facebook! – “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” ~ Quote by Jim Rohn
- Follow us on all of social media @LIVETHEFUEL – “Keep Living The Fired Up Epic Life everyone!” #livethefuel