The Strauser Project Returns on the Bakers Dozen Race, Wilderness 101 Training Updates, and The Struggle is Real gang!
Brian Strauser of the Strauser Project returns to discuss his Wilderness 101 race training. He recently attended the Leesburg Bakers Dozen mountain biking race in Virginia.
Quote: Keep a perspective out there, keep your head up, and when shit happens, know you can get around it. ~ Brian Strauser
Brian Strauser of The Strauser Project is stepping up for the younger generation and others, blazing out a trail for others to follow. Brian is a guy with tremendous heart and wears his emotions on his sleeve… along with a few tattoos too!
Top 3 Hot Points:
- Training and Challenges
- Listening to Loved Ones
- Announcing FUEL Foundations
[spp-tweet tweet=”The Struggle is Real. Bulletproof your mindset to overcome some physical impedences. #StrauserProject #LIVETHEFUEL @livethefuel “]
- The Strauser Project on Facebook
- Leesburg Bakers Dozen Race April 27, 2019 (on BikeReg)
- Wilderness 101 Race July 20, 2019 (on BikeReg)
- Selene Yeager “The Fit Chick”, author at Bicycling Magazine
- Follow Fit Chick Selene Yeager on Facebook
- Brian’s Wilderness 101 episode 258
- Brian’s Holiday Appreciation episode 238
- Brian’s Epidermlysis Bullosa Awareness episode 045
- Brian’s first podcast Super Dad Strauser Project episode 017
It’s it’s all about perspective to me. I wrap myself around all the right people, I was just at John Dilgen’s this past weekend I put a custom cap door in our buddy John Dilgens home. John is a young man in more pain than I could ever possibly understand. So to sit here and bitch about the fact that my knee hurts and I gotta walk a little bit weird, it just doesn’t seem right to me.
So I just try to keep my head in the right place and like you said before, just keep doing what I do. Just tweak it in the way that is necessary. I like to keep a good perspective on what you got. I think I had something similar before that so many people are so upset about some of the most trivial bullshit in their life and sit around just making it miserable for their spouses for their kids. They don’t even have a grasp on what they truly have.
I try to live by knowing what I got. I’m an extremely happy man and share that gratitude all the time. I try to give back to as many people as I can because it’s just the way I think it should be. So keep a perspective out there, keep your head up and when shit happens, know you can get around it.
- Our podcast ep 045 about John Dilgen living with Epidermolysis Bullosa – livethefuel.com/045
- John Dilgen EB on Facebook
- John Lahutsky inpiring and living with Cerebral Palsy on YouTube – https://youtu.be/qXtZwDcfPi0
- John Yaroslav Lahutsky on Facebook
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [spp-timestamp time=”00:30″] Introduction
- [spp-timestamp time=”10:00″] The struggle is real and I’m just trying to imagine the struggle of people in that town trying to keep that community together. Especially when all of that started going down. Even after many people decided to get the hell out of dodge but there was still a few people who just never left.
- [spp-timestamp time=”20:00″] I was doing all of that biking just to become healthier. It was something I loved ever since I was a little kid and I did some cross country stuff. A lot of those guys are lean, mean, fighting machine super fast and it’s a short race.
- [spp-timestamp time=”30:00″] I still did 40 some miles you know, that’s where the mental comes in. Super bummed when I got pulled and I was still able to ride. I just wasn’t keeping the pace.
- [spp-timestamp time=”40:00″] GoPro, I love the fact that you tied what can be considered a very expensive purchase, for you and your sister, to very important things that are tied to passion.
- [spp-timestamp time=”50:00″] That was my worst race ever. I had every possible mechanical bullshit problem go wrong. I had a mechanical on every lap, it was beyond frustrating.
- [spp-timestamp time=”01:00:00″] Final Words
- Submit an iTunes Review. More 5 Stars reaches more people!
- Visit our Resources page and a reminder to LIVE-THE-FUEL my friends!
- Join my private Facebook community THE FUEL TANK!
Watch On YouTube: