Body and Soul Alchemy, Health Practitioner Training, and more with Jennifer Iserloh:
The Alchemy lover herself, Jennifer Iserloh, is a professionally trained chef, author, and emotional healer — and a leader in promoting healthy, vibrant lifestyles through healthy delicious eating paired with spiritual practices.
A classically trained chef and a graduate of the Institute of Culinary Education, Jennifer is also a certified yoga teacher, a certified Reiki practitioner, and a graduate of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. She is the best-selling author of 50 Shades of Kale and The Healing Slow Cooker, among 22 other books.
She has also generated thousands of articles, blog posts and recipes for publications such as SELF, Yoga Journal, Health Monitor, Parents, Prevention, In Style, People, First For Women, AOL/Huffington Post and Livestrong and currently works as an integrative health coach through her program Just Eat Smarter.
Quote: Do one thing every day that scares you. – Jennifer Iserloh
In addition, she has worked with both integrative and functional medicine doctors to produce their books and healthy eating programs, learning the science behind healing foods.
After graduating with honors from the Institute of Culinary Education in 2003, she worked in kitchens throughout Manhattan as well as interning with cookbook authors like Tyler Florence of the Food Network where she learned recipe development first hand.
Shortly after, she pursued a career as a private chef for the following three years and worked in the homes of exclusive clientele such as Annie Leibovitz, Susan Sontag, and Jerry and Jessica Seinfeld. Throughout her hectic restaurant and private cheffing career, she maintains a strong yoga and meditation practice which enabled her to stay strong in a highly competitive field.
Searching for a spiritual practice where she could incorporate her knowledge of healing foods and specifically cooking technique, she was led to investigate the wonders of ancient alchemy.
Through alchemy, and her studies with the Alchemy Guild, she shares her knowledge on how to combine spiritual practice with activities in the kitchen and beyond.
Apart from her books, television appearances and writings, Iserloh continues to empower people to take a greater role in their holistic health and enjoy life more.
Top 3 Hot Points:
- Functional Medicine vs “Traditional Doctors”
- The Healthy Balance of Alchemy
- Superfood Cooking and Slow Cooker Fun
[spp-tweet tweet=”Working with Superfood Nutrition with Body and Soul Alchemy with Jennifer Iserloh! You Too Can LIVETHEFUEL! @livethefuel “]
I just want people to have to be able to heal themselves, people that are suffering, need to understand that you have to heal holistically to really heal properly. So that’s why Mind-Body Medicine is such a huge platform for me, and why support functional and integrative medicine.
I work with these amazing healers and doctors. That’s what I want to teach people because I didn’t really heal from my illnesses until I heal them in the body and the emotions that are in the mindset. When you do that, you adjust your energy, everything goes up so that you can follow what your life’s purpose is. and, or just, you know, have a happy family life. Just enjoy your life.
People are starting to understand that this is what lifestyle medicine is, it is for medicine as holistic health. But you just have to make sure you’re doing it the correct way, that you’re not giving weight to one more than another. In traditional medicine, they think it’s all about the body. Now, with what we’ve learned through science, spiritual practices, mindset, the special plant foods, I call the plant healers that heal people, it’s got to be done in tandem. You gotta have each part equal, you know, equal player and band-aids.
- Follow @bodysoulalchemy on Instagram
- Follow @bodyandsoulalchemy on Facebook
- Vinnie Tortorich of Fitness Confidential
- Health Influencer Dr. Jack Kruse
- Sachin Patel of The Living Proof Institute
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [spp-timestamp time=”00:30″] Introduction
- [spp-timestamp time=”10:45″] Regular doctors like dealing with emergency care and mechanical things. And then I feel like everyone should have two doctors integrated and regular Western MD. So you had and that’s what I have. And, you know, I just pay out of pocket for the integrated one, I don’t care.
- [spp-timestamp time=”22:00″] I love finding special gurus and you know when you were saying about the being your own inner doctor, I was thinking of one of my gurus Sachin Patel from The Living Proof Institute. He’s so brilliant he’s like you are with the doctor of the future and he says it over and over and over again. He’s totally into the hardcore geek out stuff but he’s really into the mindset. You have to have some kind of emotional or spiritual practice which I think is very important too.
- [spp-timestamp time=”30:00″] It’s about finding like alchemy, it’s about finding the right blend for the best healing that’s the least invasive and hurt. You know, you really want to respect the whole organism.
- [spp-timestamp time=”40:00″] Ibuprofen, Tylenol, and all of these painkillers aka Medicine. It’s just really bad for your gut bacteria.
- [spp-timestamp time=”01:00:05″] Final Words
- Submit an iTunes Review. More 5 Stars reaches more people!
- Visit our Resources page and a reminder to LIVE-THE-FUEL my friends!
- Join my private Facebook community THE FUEL TANK!