251: Working in Chiang Mai and Smart Brand Marketing
World Travel, Working Overseas, Chang Mai Life, Online Marketing and Podcasting with Tom Libelt:
TOM LIBELT learned from a young age how to sell and negotiate business by getting haggled by Russian vendors. His family moved from Poland to the US to escape communism, and his parents took any job they could to survive. Seeing all this as a young man motivated him to never want a job and keep moving forward as an entrepreneur, publisher, salesman, and one of the top Polish hip hop artists.
Tom spends most of his time in Chiang Mai, Thailand. He runs Smart Brand Marketing and We Market Online Courses. Tom seems like one of those guys with the Midas Touch, where everything he works on turns into gold. He has published around 5000 Kindle books, built a successful SEO & online course marketing business, partnered with a Muay Thai champion, owned a coffee shop, a retail store, a record label, created a documentary, and released two albums with five hits on top ten Polish radio. All of it was bootstrapped and done with zero outside funding.
“If you can’t sell, then you’re not in business. Marketing and Sales are the backbone of a company.” – Tom Libelt
[spp-tweet tweet=”If You Don’t Know How To Sell, You’re Not In Business! You Too Can LIVETHEFUEL! @tomlibelt “]
Top 3 Hot Points:
- Living and Working Abroad Is Affordable
- Smart Branding and Marketing Is Not Fast and Easy
- If You Don’t Know How To Sell, You’re Not In Business
The only thing I always tell people in business, especially if they’re not successful yet, is if you don’t know how to sell, you’re not in business. You must figure out what you’re selling, and who you’re selling to.
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [spp-timestamp time=”00:30″] Introduction
- [spp-timestamp time=”01:40″] Hip Hop, I didn’t know that was the thing. I mean, obviously, hip hop exists everywhere. It’s almost like the national music in Poland.
- [spp-timestamp time=”05:40″] I was independent, but I’ve worked at one of the bigger Studios. I got to meet my heroes, I met the Lost Boyz, Alicia Keys, and more!
- [spp-timestamp time=”11:00″] I have a good group of people with a lot of backbone, probably 150 people making good money. But I find that these wannabes, these ones, that are making $300 to $1,000 per month… There’s a lot of that softness, vegan hippie, and goddesses walking around.
- [spp-timestamp time=”22:00″] Amazon controls some businesses completely. I had this stance on Walmart, just like you before, but a few years ago, I took a road trip from Chicago to Vegas. On the way, I stopped in at places that I would have never stopped otherwise. All because they were just on the way locally in a few of these towns.
- [spp-timestamp time=”30:40″] You know, we lost probably $20,000 four or five years ago.
- [spp-timestamp time=”40:50″] Pat Flynn, one of his favorite books is Essentialism. It’s the same concept as John Lee Dumas. I’ve spoken with him as I’ve had him on the podcast. I’ve spoken with him at the World Domination Summit.
- [spp-timestamp time=”50:30″] There’s a huge group in the online marketing space, of people who come in and try to get quick money. Then, they just can’t make it and just disappear. Nothing against Click Funnels as it works for some people, but everybody’s obsessed with Click Funnels right now. It doesn’t promote a long term approach.
- [spp-timestamp time=”01:16:40″] This is the thing that you notice in any industry, anywhere in the world, someone like you that’s had some knowledge is probably not going to start talking much. But the biggest idiot on the block that hasn’t seen anything, always has an opinion.
- [spp-timestamp time=”01:41:15″] Final Words
- Submit an iTunes Review. More 5 Stars reaches more people!
- Visit our Resources page and a reminder to LIVE-THE-FUEL my friends!
- Join my private Facebook community THE FUEL TANK!