228: Dr. Jay’s Carnivore Diet Study & Telomeres
Dr. Anthony Jay Returns To Talk About The Carnivore Diet and His Carnivore Study:
Are you a true Carnivore, are you ready to commit to a 100% Carnivore Study?! Dr. Anthony G. Jay PhD returns for another health podcast episode. He’s definitely a healthy influencer when it comes to DNA, genetic research, and the ability to analyze your 23andMe health data. You can learn about on that from our past podcast episode 177: My 23andMe Supplement Health DNA Analysis with Dr. Anthony Jay.
Dr. Jay has a Ph.D. in biochemistry and he researches stem cells and epigenetics at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. He is also the president of the AJ Consulting Company which provides personalized diet, sleep, and training programs based on DNA. Dr. Jay is the author of a bestselling book on artificial estrogen chemicals and is an expert on hormones, fats, and cholesterol. His book is called “Estrogeneration: How Estrogenics Are Making You Fat, Sick, and Infertile.”
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [spp-timestamp time=”00:30″] Introduction
- [spp-timestamp time=”03:00″] The Glutathione component is a necessary supplement to aid my body in its detoxicification process is that accurate? Yeah for you specifically it’s more important than normal. It clears heavy metals and it clears just a lot of different products that you know are toxic like you said and just the fact that your body’s not producing as much as it should as much as a normal person based on your DNA.
- [spp-timestamp time=”05:30″] Dr. Jay just got a new on reverse osmosis filter system and stainless steel tank. It’s a tankless reverse osmosis which is kind of cool. Most of them have like a plastic storage tank where they keep the water.
- [spp-timestamp time=”11:30″] Something called Carnosine. Actually plants don’t make Carnosine. You can’t find if you’re a pure vegetarian, you’re not eating any Carnosine. So let’s, let’s dive into this right. So we’re talking about Carnivore now.
- [spp-timestamp time=”12:15″] I think there’s so much science we just don’t know you know, most people think that that we were so far along in science we just know everything but I really don’t. When you run these mass spectroscopy studies, there’s thousands of different compounds. In reality, there’s probably thousands of different things we’re getting when we’re consuming meat and we’re consuming them in a balanced form, and not some isolated one substance form and that is supplementation.
- [spp-timestamp time=”15:00″] Telomere tests, your telmore age, and carnivore mascot, Dr. Shawn Baker.
- [spp-timestamp time=”16:13″] I respect people’s lifestyle choices. I respect their faiths , I don’t talk about religion on this show. If you choose a vegan lifestyle because of your love of animals, okay, I get it, but then just make sure you are aware that you better supplement the heck out of that lifestyle because it is not a 100% lifestyle. We are naturally omnivores. Great book, omnivores dilemma is a classic first thing I ever learned about the word on the board from and again, I’m a huge advocate.
- [spp-timestamp time=”17:00″] A lot of people on the Carnivore Diet are super zealous about it too. I think the zealots are difficult because they’re not really open to what’s good. They’re just picking a side and they’re sticking to it, no matter what. They don’t really care about the logic or the arguments. I mean, you can find that pretty much anywhere, but it seems to be super concentrated in the vegan community, it is not every vegan, but definitely there’s a lot of them out there that are really social media trolls.
- [spp-timestamp time=”18:40″] I’ve become a advocate for moving on from the word diet. Vinnie Tortorich cares a lot about with his whole NSNG Lifestyle. Trademarking his No Sugars No Grains as this not a diet it’s a lifestyle. So I’m intrigued that if once you progress through this research, we could finally bring it to the point where this is a lifestyle. Diet, thanks to magazines and bro-science has become a short-term mental thing. The psychology piece here is like guys, we’re trying to teach you a sustainable lifestyle. Well, that’s the funny thing about this is I’m (Dr. Jay) actually not teaching anybody sustainable lifestyle. I just want it to be a diet for this study.
- [spp-timestamp time=”21:00″] I don’t think people need to carry on forever, some people will want to, and it will be beneficial for them. But most importantly, from my perspective, is I want to see some data, you know, I want to see how their telomeres change. That’s kind of the foundation of this study, but we’re also doing blood work before and after, and then we can translate that into people that really need it. We can say okay, this is a good diet for people or a lifestyle for people that have autoimmune problems. i.e. Anna Vocino the co-host of Fitness Confidential who lives with Celiac Disease. She’s the author of the Eat Happy Cookbook.
- [spp-timestamp time=”22:50″] Is it plants or is it possibly the chemicals that could be still within the plant because even in the organic craze, they’ve now created organically approved herbicides and chemicals to keep bugs off. Everybody thinks organic means chemical free. You have to read the fine print. Our tissue is very similar to other animals. So if we’re eating animals, that’s not that much different. Plants have a completely different cell wall structure. They’ve got all these different proteins, just just myriad of different components in our bodies. So the biggest problem is because we all seem to have leaky gut these days. A lot of people punch holes in their guts with these chemicals that you’re talking about. And it’s called intestinal permeability.
- [spp-timestamp time=”25:00″] Your immune system is smart enough to know, hey, I can’t. I’m not going to destroy red meat.
- [spp-timestamp time=”25:59″] Branched-chain amino acid are like Lego. If you’ve got a chain of 20 Legos or a hundred Legos, those go through your intestine. Your intestine is supposed to break those down into single Lego blocks. If people are getting leaky gut, these massive chunks of protein are going into your blood. That triggers your immune system.
- [spp-timestamp time=”27:05″] So red meat is very recognizable. It’s very similar to your body, the components in red meat are similar to components in your body. It’s got protective factors that are concentrated that you don’t find in plants. The current research is not for people eating 100% meat. That’s what I’m really trying to set up, is I want to answer questions like what happens to your testosterone? What happens to your blood sugar? What happens to your inflammatory markers?
- [spp-timestamp time=”27:05″] Carnosine, it’s the protein building block that is naturally produced in the body. It is found in muscles when they are working. It’s also found in the heart, brain and many other parts of the body. So, we already have Carnosine present.
- [spp-timestamp time=”30:00″] So advanced glycation end products is when you basically have too much sugar around and it starts sticking to proteins. That causes all kinds of health problems.
- [spp-timestamp time=”35:00″] Coming back to the carnivores diet what I’m setting out to do is have people do 90 days. Before they start it, I want them to be omnivores, and I want them to test their telomeres.
- [spp-timestamp time=”40:00″] Scott considers going full Carnivore for this study.
- [spp-timestamp time=”41:15″] The most important thing is you have to take the telomere test before and after. I don’t make any money from that company or anything like that.
- [spp-timestamp time=”42:19″] Nobel Price Winnter Elizabeth H. Blackburn.
- [spp-timestamp time=”44:36″] It is a pretty hardcore study. You know, it’s not for the faint of heart.
- [spp-timestamp time=”45:17″] The problem with most dietary studies is people are eating all kinds of stuff. Scientists make these conclusions, but they’re an inaccurate conclusion. That’s the problem with the whole vegetarian diet, all the studies with the vegetarians versus people eating meat, people are eating fish or whatever, it’s so messy. Now, some of those people are smoking, they’re drinking too. They’re doing all kinds of different things that throws all the studies off. It’s a nutrition epidemiological study.
- [spp-timestamp time=”48:30″] So people can eat organs on the study. Mountain lions would be excluded because the meat is white, and I would exclude pork because the meat is white. I would exclude birds because the meat is white for the most part just to make it easy for people understand.
- [spp-timestamp time=”54:19″] I personally think the Carnivore Diet is going to be extremely beneficial for people with autoimmune problems or inflammation problems. I can’t hundred percent prove that, we don’t have the studies, but that’s where I see the potential. Who knows, there might be a potential in 10 different areas that we don’t even know about right now. Hopefully this study will allow me to get funding to do follow-up studies and in the future we can actually pay people to participate. Things like intensive research like bloodwork. Like for example, I want to test testosterone receptor number.
- [spp-timestamp time=”01:00:40″] Final Words
Know Self – Socrates
[spp-tweet tweet=”Get Ready To Commit To The #CarnivoreStudy and You Too Can LIVETHEFUEL! @AnthonyGJay “]
Watch On YouTube:
Co-Host Links and Resources:
- Dr. Jay’s Carnivore Diet Study
- Carnosine Explained
- Who is Dr. Jay aka Anthony G. Jay PhD
- Follow @AnthonyGJay on Instagram
- Follow @AnthonyGJay on Twitter
- Dr. Anthony Jay on LinkedIn
- AJ Consulting Company
- AJ Consulting Company on LinkedIn
- AJ Consulting Company on Facebook
- Chagrin & Tonic Podcast on iTunes
- Chagrin & Tonic on YouTube
- Chagrin & Tonic Book 1 – Estrogeneration
- Top 10 List of Estrogenics from “Estrogeneration”
If you’re interested and you want to test out The Carnivore Diet, I think this is the golden opportunity. It’s going to contribute to the whole body of science that’s out there and help a lot of other people, besides just helping yourself, understand The Carnivore Diet.
- Submit an iTunes Review. More 5 Stars reaches more people!
- Visit our Resources page and a reminder to LIVE-THE-FUEL my friends!
- Join my private Facebook community THE FUEL TANK!