Today We Finally Get to Talk Healthy Fats Science with Ivor Cummins Also Known As The Fat Emperor From Dublin Ireland:
Ivor Cummins BE(Chem) CEng MIEI PMP® completed a Chemical Engineering in 1990. He has since spent over 25 years in corporate technical leadership and management positions, and was shortlisted in 2015 as one of the top 6 of 500 applicants for “Irish Chartered Engineer of the Year”. Ivor’s focus and specialty are leading teams in complex problem-solving scenarios. He has often led worldwide teams with over 60-70 engineers working on major technical issues; the largest of these involved product issues where hundreds of millions of dollars were in the balance.
Several years ago, Ivor encountered a complex technical challenge in his personal life. Receiving poor blood test results, he was unable to get solutions via the doctors consulted. He thus embarked on an intense period of biochemical research into the science of human metabolism. Within eight weeks he had resolved and optimized all of his blood test metrics. Also, he had shed over 15Kg of body fat with relative ease. In the following years, he continued his research on the many “root causes” of modern disease, from “cholesterol” through to insulin resistance. In order to help stem the tide of chronic disease in our modern population, he embarked on a personal mission to share the science and solutions. He began this process by giving corporate talks and releasing them on YouTube for the wider audience. He has since become a professional speaker of note, giving many public lectures and chairing interviews with worldwide health experts. Most notably he was invited by the President of the British Association for Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation (BACPR) to give a keynote talk on heart disease root causes, at their annual conference in London last October. All of Ivor’s public lectures and interviews are available on Ivor’s YouTube channel, where well over a million views have been recorded to date:
His book on chronic disease root causes and resolution strategies (co-authored with Denver doctor Jeffry Gerber MD, FAAFP) was released in the US and Canada in March 2018. It has already received around 150 reviews on Amazon, of which ~97% are 5-stars, check out Eat Rich Live Long on Amazon!
His blog and other content is available at www.thefatemperor.com
From early 2018 Ivor has been fully funded by the Irish Heart Disease Awareness charity (www.IHDA.ie). This fulfills their mission in enabling all middle-risk people to access the power of the Coronary Artery Calcification scan (CAC). He has thus ramped up his passion to help the people help themselves – in a journey to health, weight-loss, and longevity.
Ivor lives in Dublin, Ireland, with his wife and five children.
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [spp-timestamp time=”00:30″] Introduction
- [spp-timestamp time=”02:51″] What’s a stag party and hen party in Ireland.
- [spp-timestamp time=”04:20″] Scott and Ivor connect on chainsaws, farming, and more. Giant gardens, before poisons, pesticides and chemicals and all this other stuff. Ivor only remembered nitrate fertilizer which was spread on the grass. You learn as well did the value of hard work. I mean, we have to work 14 hour days sometimes bringing in that hey.
- [spp-timestamp time=”08:02″] Scott shares his Irish bloodlines plus 23andme DNA analysis. Talking fatty coffee, don’t need to call it bulletproof, using Kerrygold Grass Fed Irish Butter. Ivor generally doesn’t really eat breakfast anymore but makes a French press or espresso coffee. As it happens, he’s not crazy about the butter in the coffee and the little globules. So he puts in heavy cream aka Irish double cream.
- [spp-timestamp time=”10:10″] Ivor didn’t want to come across as arrogant when he created The FAT Emperor branding. But it really wasn’t the intention. It was actually one evening after I discovered all of this about that carbohydrate was much more of an issue than fats in the diet. I’d fixed my own health, my own blood markers. And I was researching intensively, cholesterol, metabolism, everything. I decided to start giving talks to the engineers and my Corporation. You know, 100 plus people explaining metabolic syndrome and all this stuff.
- [spp-timestamp time=”11:36″] So yeah, it’s all just about making profit. There is no crazy guy with a cat at the top, you know, stroking a cap. Pharmaceutical corporations benefit hugely because of all the sickness that results of food industry benefits, because they can use dirt, cheap vegetable oils, and refined carbohydrates with long shelf life.
- [spp-timestamp time=”15:59″] High salt being bad for you is not really true at all, it is in rare cases but the salt message it has been incorrect. Even the message of covering yourself in sunblock has kind of backfired. Now let’s throw cholesterol in there.
- [spp-timestamp time=”22:48″] Vegans and Vegetarian choices are not nutritionally balanced. B-12 is a big clarifier. Shoutout to Dr. Carrie Diulus a Vegan Psychiatrist who helps clarify that fat is necessary and that cutting sugars and grains is essential.
- [spp-timestamp time=”26:23″] Get your magnesium, get healthy sun exposure, no refined carbs or sugars, no vegetable oil. Preferably consume avocado oil or olive oil. There’s a huge overlap where we do agree here with Vegans.
- [spp-timestamp time=”01:20:35″] Final Words
[spp-tweet tweet=”You Too Can LIVETHEFUEL! @FatEmperor “]
Watch On YouTube:
Links and Resources:
- Ivor Cummins on YouTube
- @FatEmporer on Twitter
- @TheFatEmporer on Facebook
- @TheFatEmporer on Instagram
- Support FAT: a documentary on Indiegogo
- Show me the data. You need to look at the data yourself.
- If you don’t measure it, it don’t get fixed. You need to be measuring the right things.
Your Action Steps:
- Submit an iTunes Review. More 5 Stars reaches more people!
- Visit our Resources page and a reminder to LIVE-THE-FUEL my friends!
- Join my private Facebook community THE FUEL TANK!