Gain the Coaching Necessary to be Self-Directed and Self-Selected on our latest Business Podcast episode.
Colby B. Jubenville, PPh.D.is an accomplished author, international speaker, professor, business advisor, entrepreneur, and inventor. He holds an ACA, emic appointment at Middle Tennessee State University as Special Assistant to the Dean for Student Success and Strategic Partnerships in the College of Behavioral and Health Sciences.
What is CBHS?
We help students develop their knowledge, skills, desire, confidence, likeability, and networks in order to compete in the marketplace of ideas. Today, students make a commitment to higher education investing their time, money and energy with the belief that we have the people and resources to help them become gainfully employed. This Center was built to do just that.
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [spp-timestamp time=”00:30″] Introduction
- [spp-timestamp time=”08:40″] It is culturally ingrained in our traditional education system to focus on weaknesses vs strengths.
- [spp-timestamp time=”11:55″] We are commanded to find our voice. What is your Voice? Your Voice is the intersection of talent, passion, conscious and needs in the world that only you can provide.
- [spp-timestamp time=”12:20″] Focusing on your strengths… Unique ability by Dan Sullivan. There are four levels of work; Incompetence, Competence, Excellence, and then there is Unique Ability.
- [spp-timestamp time=”21:00″] Not knowing, not doing, not understanding.
- [spp-timestamp time=”28:55″] What did Colby start with first to start building his brand and his exposure? It started with being an educator and a coach first.
- [spp-timestamp time=”34:30″] Colby fails just like you. You don’t learn the most through the failure, you learn the most through FEEDBACK.
- [spp-timestamp time=”44:00″] Business is relationships. Managers solve problems and make decisions. Where is that being taught in traditional education. This is where Colby created the Self-Directed, Self-Selected Coaching Model.
- [spp-timestamp time=”53:50″] Final Words
SUCCESS: If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. – David Thoreau
[spp-tweet tweet=”Get yourself Directed and Selected. Learn about the SDSS Coaching Model! @DrJubenville “]
Watch On YouTube:
Links and Resources:
- Dr. Jubenville.com
- Follow Dr. Jubenville on Twitter
- CBHS Center for Student Coaching and Success
- Book: Zebras & Cheetahs
- PDF of the SDSS Model
SUCCESS Defined: If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. – David Thoreau
What does it mean for you to advance confidently? What are you willing to do so that you can achieve it? What is the direction of your own dreams? Nobody else can define the dream for you. You have to define it for yourself.
- Please Subscribe and Submit an iTunes Show Rating & Review. The more reviews, the more people can find us. We love 5 Stars too!
- Join our private Facebook Group community called THE FUEL TANK.
- Visit our Resources page and a reminder to LIVE-THE-FUEL my friends!