177: My 23andMe Supplement Health DNA Analysis with Dr. Anthony Jay
23andMe DNA Data?! It’s Time To Dig Deep, Genetic Deep! That’s Right, Your Host, Scott Mulvaney Has Aired Health Data!
Dr. Anthony G. Jay has been a regular on our podcast show. He’s definitely a healthy influencer when it comes to DNA, genetic research, and the ability to analyze your 23andMe health data.
He has a Ph.D. in biochemistry and researchers stem cells and epigenetics at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. He is also the president of the AJ Consulting Company which provides personalized diet, sleep, and training programs based on DNA. Dr. Jay is the author of a bestselling book on artificial estrogen chemicals and is an expert on hormones, fats, and cholesterol. His book is called “Estrogeneration: How Estrogenics Are Making You Fat, Sick, and Infertile.”
My DNA Highlights:
- Higher Salt Intake
- Longer Sleep Cycles (2 hr power nap vs 90 mins)
- Night Owl
- Low Vitamin D (requiring 5,000-10,000 IU)
- Consume B6, Zinc, Fish Oil, Eggs
- Consume Manganese (brazil nuts, pecans, etc)
- Yes for Red Wine
- Cheese is all good!
- Processing caffeine 50% faster
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [spp-timestamp time=”00:30″] Introduction
- [spp-timestamp time=”44:50″] Geaking out on my raw 23andMe DNA data and using the Maximized Genetics site to learn more about my MTHFR.
- [spp-timestamp time=”01:19:38″] Stay tuned for the new book, DNA With DrJ!
- [spp-timestamp time=”01:21:00″] Final Words
Know Self – Socrates Quote
[spp-tweet tweet=”Eating process sugar is bad for you! This isn’t rocket science. #sugarfree #23andme #dna #analysis @AnthonyGJay “]
Watch On YouTube:
Links and Resources:
- Scott Mulvaney’s Personalized Supplement Plan & Detox Gene Profile and Analysis
- Who is Dr. Jay aka Anthony G. Jay PhD
- Anthony Jay on LinkedIn
- AJ Consulting Company
- AJ Consulting Company on LinkedIn
- AJ Consulting Company on Facebook
- Chagrin & Tonic Podcast on iTunes
- Chagrin & Tonic on YouTube
- Chagrin & Tonic Book 1 – Estrogeneration
- Top 10 List of Estrogenics from “Estrogeneration”
- Chronic Exposure to the Herbicide, Atrazine, Causes Mitochondrial Dysfunction and Insulin Resistance on PLOS.org
People need to realize that health is personalized. Everybody is a little different, don’t be too dogmatic about it. Don’t be like oh I’m a Vegan so everyone else has to be a Vegan. Or, I’m a Carnivore so everyone else has to be a Carnivore.
There are definitely certain principles that apply to everybody. For example, eating process sugar is bad for you! There IS a lot of diversity and customization available, so you want to be aware of that.
Knowledge is power, so the smarter you are about your health, the more healthy you’re going to be. The more you take control of this, the better it is going to be. The reason Socrates was considered to be the wisest man in the world was that he knew his limitations. He knew himself. “Know Self”
- Please Subscribe and Submit an iTunes Show Rating & Review. The more reviews, the more people can find us. We love 5 Stars too!
- Join our private Facebook Group community called THE FUEL TANK.
- Visit our Resources page and a reminder to LIVE-THE-FUEL my friends!