A Facebook LIVE Session on Sleep Relating To Performance, Resting Before Failure, The CrossFit Open with Dr. Megan Cannon:
Did you know Sleep totally relates to Performance, especially in the CrossFit Open? Listen in as we recorded this episode on Facebook LIVE from a Panera Bread location. We like the free WiFi but not the bread, ha! We had followers tuning in LIVE as Megan and I connected up for another returning co-hosting.
Dr. Megan Cannon Ph.D. is our repeat co-host for targeting health, fitness, and mindset. Specializing in Sports Psychology, Megan brings a wealth of mindset development and a whole lot more to our show. Listen in while we catch up with Dr. Megan Cannon of Mind of the Athlete.
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [spp-timestamp time=”00:30″] Introduction
- [spp-timestamp time=”10:40″] Lack of sleeps impact on our hunger hormones, overeating, stress, etc.
- [spp-timestamp time=”19:00″] Connecting back to cram sessions in college in relation to rest, recovery, data consumption, and memorization.
- [spp-timestamp time=”23:00″] Meet people where they are at, where they are at on the learning timeline. Openness to the new blue light filtering glasses and even Apple’s enhancement to all of their devices.
- [spp-timestamp time=”32:00″] Hacking your sleep with smartphones in airplane mode, and shutting down wifi at night. Scott’s weird-ass dreams when he forgets these new best practices.
- [spp-timestamp time=”41:00″] Final Words
[spp-tweet tweet=”Are you training to failure?! Resting and Sleep equal increased Performance! Listen in with Sports Psychologist @DrMeganCannon “]
Watch On YouTube:
What on Facebook LIVE:
Links and Resources:
- Dr. Megan Cannon on Facebook
- Dr. Megan Cannon on Instagram
- Dr. Megan Cannon on Twitter
- Dr. Megan Cannon Ph.D. at Mind of the Athlete
- Dr. Megan Cannon on Linked-In
Rest, Recover, and Perform.
Mind, Body, and Spirit!
- Please Subscribe and Submit an iTunes Show Rating & Review. The more reviews, the more people can find us. We love 5 Stars too!
- Join our private Facebook Group community called THE FUEL TANK.
- Visit our Resources page and a reminder to LIVE-THE-FUEL my friends!