155: Redefining Success, Alcohol Detox, and Self-Care with Sharon Mitchell
Your Women’s Alcohol Coach and Healthy Detoxification Co-Host:
Sharon Mitchell is the epitome of someone who has turned lemons into lemonade, or you could say, wine into water perhaps. Sharon Mitchell IS your Women’s Alcohol Coach!
Sharon is here today to share with us how she lived through her own near-death experience with alcohol and now works with tens of thousands of women around the world to change their relationship with alcohol.
Sharon has established alcohol education programs in developing nations around the world, in women’s prisons in her home country of Australia, has online coaching programs for women globally, and also has an executive coaching program for female business leaders.
Today Sharon will share with us her story as well as a few truths about alcoholism and your health that may surprise you!
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [spp-timestamp time=”00:30″] Introduction
- [spp-timestamp time=”02:30″] Societies biggest misconceptions on drinkers.
- [spp-timestamp time=”05:15″] Mind, body, and connecting on gut health.
- [spp-timestamp time=”06:45″] Getting behind why women drink in relation to why men drink to excess.
- [spp-timestamp time=”10:00″] Her program has gotten successful women to finally discuss their problems when they’ve never discussed them before.
- [spp-timestamp time=”13:55″] Hitting on the basics of Hydrating.
- [spp-timestamp time=”16:00″] Redefining what Success meant to Sharon.
- [spp-timestamp time=”17:30″] Sharon has 3 Alcoholic Seizures!
- [spp-timestamp time=”18:50″] Her doctor tells her she’s going to die tonight.
- [spp-timestamp time=”20:30″] High-functioning alcoholics.
- [spp-timestamp time=”25:00″] Women are taught to be the caring and the nurturing sex. It’s hard to get women to allow themselves to focus on self-care.
- [spp-timestamp time=”30:00″] Women will avoid feeling some of the hard feelings by making themselves busy helping others.
- [spp-timestamp time=”32:30″] Tieing this back to the definition of insanity.
- [spp-timestamp time=”33:15″] Sharon’s programs have an App!
- [spp-timestamp time=”34:00″] Relating the other big misconception on Alcoholism to differentiation of Type I and Type II Diabetes.
- [spp-timestamp time=”37:40″] This is also more than just alcohol. Let’s look at the mixed drink world of sugary crap negatively impacting our hormones.
- [spp-timestamp time=”40:00″] The vast studies that say alcohol, like wine, is good for you have been squashed. The very minimal benefits can easily be achieved through a healthy diet and lifestyle. This is a reminder that alcohol is a poison to the body.
- [spp-timestamp time=”40:50″] Per the WHO, World Health Organization, there is no such thing as “No Risk Drinking”. Every drink has a risk associated with it.
- [spp-timestamp time=”44:05″] Redirecting obsessions to healthier choices to get addicted too. Relating to addictive personalities.
- [spp-timestamp time=”48:35″] Meditation in relation to over-functioning women and also men.
- [spp-timestamp time=”51:30″] Sharon starts feeling the things she was afraid of. She embraced one of her biggest fears… flying as a pilot!
- [spp-timestamp time=”54:20″] At 4 years sober, she started putting up the “tsunami warning sign” to find ways to help more people.
- [spp-timestamp time=”55:55″] Sharon is passionate about philanthropic work. She takes her programs into developing nations that don’t have social and health services like our western countries.
- [spp-timestamp time=”56:35″] 3rd Biggest Killer In The World.
- [spp-timestamp time=”1:00:00″] Thanking big business for bringing infrastructure to developing nations.
- [spp-timestamp time=”01:03:10″] Final Words
There is no such thing as failure. Keep trying and stop stopping. – Sharon Mitchell
[spp-tweet tweet=”Now is time to make a positive change, in your health, and your relationship with alcohol. @SharonsOfficial “]
Links and Resources:
- Sharon Mitchell on Facebook
- Sharon Mitchell on Instagram
- Sharon Mitchell’s Podcast
For the ladies listening in…
Now is the absolute best time to make positive change. Not only in your health but your relationship with alcohol. When women make a positive change in their own lives, with their own self-care, and their own emotional growth, it makes really significant, multi-generational change within their own family and within their communities.
- Please Subscribe and Submit an iTunes Show Rating & Review. The more reviews, the more people can find us. We love 5 Stars too!
- Join our private Facebook Group community called THE FUEL TANK.
- Visit our Resources page and a reminder to LIVE-THE-FUEL my friends!