Celiac Turned Eat Happy Author and Today’s Co-Host:
Anna Vocino is a voice over talent and stand-up comedian who also happens to be a Celiac who writes cookbooks. She co-hosts the “Fitness Confidential” podcast with Vinnie Tortorich. She has voiced hundreds of commercials, cartoons, movies, promos, radio stations, and video games, which is a super cool day job to support her passion for food blogging and cookbook authoring.
Her new cookbook and Amazon bestseller, “Eat Happy: Gluten Free, Grain Free, Low Carb Recipes For A Joyful Life,” has 154 easy to make low carb recipes that are all delicious comfort food free from sugars and grains. Anna also has to cook for a husband, a teenage daughter, and a tiny dog.
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [spp-timestamp time=”00:30″] Introduction
- [spp-timestamp time=”06:50″] Anna get’s her first tattoo by her daughter, Lucy.
- [spp-timestamp time=”14:50″] Ann’s time working in TV before eventually becoming the author of Eat Happy.
- [spp-timestamp time=”22:00″] Gaining the thick skin in life from rocking the voice-over world for the video games industry.
- [spp-timestamp time=”25:00″] A lesson learned, you have to pick yourself up. Anna’s honesty on depression relating to the job.
- [spp-timestamp time=”30:00″] Anna and Vinnie’s live comedy and podcasting events in 2017 at The Ice House in California.
- [spp-timestamp time=”31:25″] Anna and Vinnie have been podcasting for almost 6 years.
- [spp-timestamp time=”40:00″] Debating the years for our generational gaps and running a business from an iPhone.
- [spp-timestamp time=”50:00″] Helping people to follow the cookbook, teaching you how to buy your healthy yogurt.
- [spp-timestamp time=”56:50″] Geeking out on microphones, pop filters, and comparing my podcasting gear to her voice-over home studio mic gear.
- [spp-timestamp time=”01:04:10″] Sharing best practices using the ZOOM.us application for podcasting versus how Vinnie still uses Skype.
- [spp-timestamp time=”01:09:00″] Final Words
If it’s hysterical, it’s historical. – Quote Author Unkown
[spp-tweet tweet=”Living with Celiac? It’s time to laugh and Eat Happy! @AnnaVocino “]
Links and Resources:
- @AnnaVocino on Instagram
- @AnnaVocino on Facebook
- @AnnaVocino on Twitter
- @EatHappyCookbook on Instagram
- @EatHappybook on Twitter
- Anna’s @EatHappy Facebook Group
- 1st release on Amazon – Eat Happy: Gluten Free, Grain Free, Low Carb Recipes Made from Real Foods For A Joyful Life
- Pre-order the 2nd release 4/1/18 on Amazon – Eat Happy, TOO: MORE Gluten Free, Grain Free, Low Carb Recipes Made from Real Foods for a Joyful Life Hardcover
- Fitness Confidential Podcast
Anna’s Final Words:
I like performing, I like entertaining, and I like feeding people. I like making people laugh and I like feeding people. That’s really what it comes down to. Whenever I am able to have those opportunities to do that, I’m a happy person. Everything else is just part of the journey.
When we talked about the negative stuff coming up, that was really powerful. I feel like that is where the meat of all of this is. If we were all just skipping stones, jumping from one success to the next success, we aren’t learning anything from that journey. There’s that quote from therapy, “If it makes you make it hysterical, it’s historical.”
- Please Subscribe and Submit an iTunes Show Rating & Review. The more reviews, the more people can find us. We love 5 Stars too!
- Join our private Facebook Group community called THE FUEL TANK.
- Visit our Resources page and a reminder to “Keep Living The Fired Up Epic Life!”