Harnessing Your Healing Energy, What’s a Yew Tree, and learning about the non-profit Cepia Costa Rica:
Shawna started out in very mind-oriented therapy, with a Master of Arts in Counselling, but life had other plans. Her body began to speak so loudly through a number of diagnoses and symptoms, that after years of suffering, she was required to listen. Learning to listen to her body took her on a long journey of learning and self-discovery and lead Shawna to the world of energy and consciousness based therapies which combined so well with the parts she loved about counseling. Her main modality, BodyTalk, is a combination of the feminine energy of intuition and Eastern healing philosophies and the masculine energy of Western science, psychology and epigenetic research, just the way she likes it! Her online practice focuses on Women’s trauma, healing from it and how it is connected to the autoimmune illness, mental health issues and other health problems women suffer. Near her home in Costa Rica, she is constantly inspired by the strength of the local women she meets where she volunteers at a free energy clinic.
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [spp-timestamp time=”00:20″] Intro
- [spp-timestamp time=”02:50″] Why YEW
- [spp-timestamp time=”05:20″] Dr. Jack Kruse and Scott’s first podcast wearing blue light filtering glasses on this episode.
- [spp-timestamp time=”09:00″] Adrenal Fatigue and Valuing Rest and Recovery
- [spp-timestamp time=”17:25″] Detoxification of the body and the fact that the liver has over 800 functions.
- [spp-timestamp time=”20:40″] Making Meditation easy to add into your life.
- [spp-timestamp time=”25:00″] The return Shawna’s muscles to be able to finally push them hard thanks to her healing energy work.
- [spp-timestamp time=”35:00″] Talking around Trauma
- [spp-timestamp time=”39:00″] Write it down.
- [spp-timestamp time=”40:20″] The Free Energy Clinic in Costa Rica known as Cepia. Resources for people living in poverty in Costa Rica.
- [spp-timestamp time=”49:10″] Work, Life, Business Balance.
- [spp-timestamp time=”49:30″] Recharging the body and mind batteries.
- [spp-timestamp time=”54:25″] Taking the internal journey, the inside reflects the outside.
- [spp-timestamp time=”56:25″] Final Words
Take the internal journey, the inside reflects the outside. – Shawna Peters
[spp-tweet tweet=”To make big changes in your life, you have to take one step at a time! @ShelteringYew “]
Links and Resources:
- @ShelteringYew on Twitter
- Shawna Peters on LinkedIn
- The Sheltering Yew with Shawna Peters on Facebook
My life was miserable. I lived in pain and fatigue. I was miserable internally and didn’t know how to get out of that. So it really was one step at a time. That led Shawna to her body, noting that the body gets a lot of disrespect.
The body is a safe place, it is full of so much generosity, so much abundance, so much information. The body is the most amazing guide she has ever found.
- Please Submit an iTunes Show Rating & Review, we need more reviews to increase our ranking and appearance. We love 5 Stars!
- Join THE FUEL TANK our community on Facebook! – “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” ~ Quote by Jim Rohn
- Be sure to check out our Resources and a reminder to “Keep Living The Fired Up Epic Life everyone!” #LIVETHEFUEL