Our Sports Nutritionist Co-Host Helps Address the AHA and Coconut Oil:
With the AHA publishing incorrect health guidance on Coconut Oil and Saturate Fat, our regular co-host Erin Sparrold returns! She’s a Sports Nutritionist with Mind of the Athlete and knows her body fuel!
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [spp-timestamp time=”01:40″] Welcome back Erin and her recent Ragnar Race completion.
- [spp-timestamp time=”03:00″] The AHA confusing the public.
- [spp-timestamp time=”05:30″] Vitamin deficiencies fuel depression.
- [spp-timestamp time=”05:45″] Often if you’re addressing lifestyle and nutrition, you’d reduce the need for medications.
- [spp-timestamp time=”07:45″] Erin drops the bomb on Coconut Oil and the American Heart Association relating to irresponsible journalism.
- [spp-timestamp time=”08:20″] Often journalists don’t know what they’re writing about.
- [spp-timestamp time=”08:50″] The incorrect article: “Coconut oil isn’t healthy. It’s never been healthy.”
- [spp-timestamp time=”10:00″] Erin’s vents on the fact that the American Heart Association is still focused on Saturated Fat being the problem.
- [spp-timestamp time=”10:50″] This is where the population gets confused.
- [spp-timestamp time=”48:15″] Final Words
[spp-tweet tweet=”Make positive changes in yours & other people’s lives in 2017 @LIVETHEFUEL “]
Links and Resources:
- About Erin Sparrold
- Mind of the Athlete
- Erin Sparrold on LinkedIn
- Erin Sparrold on Twitter
- Erin Sparrold on Instagram
- Erin Sparrold on Facebook
- Mind of the Athlete
- USA Today article – Coconut oil isn’t healthy. It’s never been healthy.
- American Heart Association article – Dietary Fats and Cardiovascular Disease: A Presidential Advisory From the American Heart Association
- Is Coconut Oil Deadly by The Dr’s Wolfson
People get so afraid of food. It’s Erin’s passion and her goal to change that from fear to the power that food has. Teaching to build health into our bodies and to help people to understand how to use food to do that. Let’s get away from all of this fear-based messaging. We need to take a step back from that and learn how to empower ourselves and not to be afraid of it.
- Please Submit an iTunes Show Rating & Review, we need more reviews to increase our ranking and appearance. We love 5 Stars!
- Join THE FUEL TANK our community on Facebook! – “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” ~ Quote by Jim Rohn
- Be sure to check out our Resources and a reminder to “Keep Living The Fired Up Epic Life everyone!” #livethefuel