The Overweight Mindset, your Health and Fitness Co-Host:
Today’s author who has written The Overweight Mind, is a speaker, mentor, and coach whose mission is to help each and every person achieve their “absolute best self.” He is the owner of the Thrive Fitness Studio in Palm Desert, California and the grateful leader of the Thrive Tribe which is a collection of Jay Nixon’s current and former clients who work together to improve their health, their fitness, and their lives.
Jay believes, “If you give people the right tools, education, and support, they can far surpass what they once thought was their maximum potential.” He’s known for his innate ability to get inside someone’s head, helping him/her achieve life-changing results. Jay has been dubbed by CBS News as, “One of the best fitness and nutrition experts in the business,” Jay has been featured on ABC and FOX, and in Triathlete Magazine. When he’s not working with clients one-on-one, you’ll find him consulting for Fortune 1000 companies in the nutrition and fitness industry.
Jay cannot be held responsible for any positive consequences that may arise due to your fabulous appearance after completing one of his programs.
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [spp-timestamp time=”02:00″] Connecting and networking through Tommy Baker of Resist Average Academy.
- [spp-timestamp time=”03:00″] The power of energized networking and listening to the magnetism and draw to a certain person in the room.
- [spp-timestamp time=”04:20″] Jay loves his primary local competitor(s) and gives them support and a shout out whenever he can. This is friendly competition as entrepreneurs. Having no fear and appreciating his competitor’s amazing energy.
- [spp-timestamp time=”05:00″] A reference to Seth Godin around competition and the power of differentiation. A reference to the mistakes of “Shotgun Marketing”.
You can be everywhere and nowhere at the same time. ~ Jay Nixon
- [spp-timestamp time=”06:05″] You can be everywhere and nowhere at the same time. Everybody is NOT your client.
Your Tribe is already out there, you just have to find and lead them. ~ Jay Nixon
- [spp-timestamp time=”06:25″] Your Tribe is out there, you just have to find them, and lead them.
- [spp-timestamp time=”07:40″] Connect with someone on your why. This is huge if you’re to overcome your Overweight Mindset.
- [spp-timestamp time=”09:00″] New Years Resolutions.
- [spp-timestamp time=”10:15″] Marketing 101, keywords, buzz words. The power of defining that WHY.
- [spp-timestamp time=”12:29″] Don’t get derailed in the details.
- [spp-timestamp time=”13:00″] How does Jay move people forward.
- [spp-timestamp time=”16:09″] Jay is like the Vocabulary Nazi.
- [spp-timestamp time=”17:00″] “I’m not good enough”, “I don’t deserve it”.
- [spp-timestamp time=”20:50″] You didn’t like where you were, why would you want to go back there?!
- [spp-timestamp time=”24:25″] The most important word, “WORK”.
- [spp-timestamp time=”29:45″] We hate “diets”, they all have end points, your lifestyle has no end point!
- [spp-timestamp time=”31:10″] The key with everything.
- [spp-timestamp time=”35:15″] Become your best self.
- [spp-timestamp time=”41:00″] The challenges of letting everything else go.
- [spp-timestamp time=”44:15″] Dr. Joe Dispenza, Valerie Pawlowski, and Jeffery Combs.
- [spp-timestamp time=”45:15″] The best thing you can do is lead by example.
- [spp-timestamp time=”48:00″] Final Words
[spp-tweet tweet=”You didn’t like where you were, why would you want to go back there?! @nixonelite @LIVETHEFUEL “]
Links and Resources:
- The Overweight Mind (book on Amazon)
- Nixon Elite
- Jay Nixon Fitness on Twitter
- Jay Nixon on Facebook
- Thrive Fitness Studio on Instagram
- Jay Nixon on LinkedIn
Understand what your “WHY” is and keep your why as your forward piece of your connection with everything. Jay has a burning obsession for helping people.
Get motivated, get active, and get doing something that moves you in the direction of the person you’re supposed to be. Everyone has a gift,
- Please Submit an iTunes Show Rating & Review, we need more reviews to increase our ranking and appearance. We love 5 Stars!
- Join THE FUEL TANK our community on Facebook! – “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” ~ Quote by Jim Rohn
- Be sure to check out our Resources and a reminder to “Keep Living The Fired Up Epic Life everyone!” #livethefuel