Today we discuss Work-Life Balance with the ATTCK Marketing man himself, Dennis Plucinik!
Dennis Plucinik, ATTCK’s founder, started his company with the goal of doing things right. He’d spent years in the digital advertising world, where work and personal life blend into one and “work hard, play hard together” means never leaving the office—and having colleagues for drinking buddies. He found himself wondering if a company with a different kind of work culture could succeed. An environment free from stressful deadlines, late nights, weekends, and the myriad other reasons why great people quit their jobs.
Quote: “If you like doing what you do, then you never work a day.”
Dennis wanted to create a workplace where tasks get done during work hours only, and where employees don’t feel guilty for leaving at 6 PM. ATTCK takes on the projects that Dennis and the ATTCK team feel are best suited for them—projects that bring in more than just money.
Top 3 Hot Points:
- A new way of organizational structure.
- Healthy lifestyle commitments and beating opioid addiction.
- Work-Life Balance, like what you do.
How are people approaching their life? What do they want to get out of it? What I’m trying to do is just to be happy with the decisions that I make. I think that’s an important set of principles to live by. So, you know, if you understand yourself, you understand things that make you happy, and what you really want out of it. For me, that’s surrounding myself with people who produce great work. I absolutely love what I do. I think that’s also very important to know.
It sometimes doesn’t feel like work, right? But that’s like the old cliche, it doesn’t feel like work. If you like doing what you do, then you never work a day. It’s not totally true, things get very difficult on hard days. If you find something that you’re absolutely passionate about, it’ll drive you through. It’ll carry you through those hard times. So find something that you love doing and be passionate about it. It’s not easy to do. It took me a long time to be able to do this.
It’s worth it in the end.
- @ATTCKCO on Facebook
- @DennisPlucinik on LinkedIn
- @DennisPlucinik on Twitter
- @DennisPlucinik on Instagram
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [00:30] Introduction
- [10:00] It’s a very sort of flat organizational structure. So it’s meant to say a couple of things. Everybody here supports each other equally. When you’re focused on one person, the whole company is focused on that one person. It’s a little deep. That literally was the theory before we built this. I love it. It’s very creative!
- [20:00] If I’m not sure about something or not confident I can carry it through, I won’t do it. I don’t gamble, I don’t play blackjack or anything else. I think I gambled with the surgery I had, I most likely didn’t need in the end. Turns out I didn’t need it. But I couldn’t gamble and did it anyway. I didn’t want this to come up 10 years later and say, oh we actually didn’t get everything and now you’re gonna die. I just didn’t want to gamble that. So that’s sort of my MO, I’ve got to be certain about what I’m doing.
- [29:30] I had some pretty serious neuropathy, which is nerve damage to your extremities, incredibly painful. The only solution was a couple of solutions that are not really perfect. The long and short of it is that as a result of the surgery, I ended up getting very quick addicted to opioids like within two weeks. So I have a really close experience with that and it’s very scary. It was effective but it’s incredibly addictive. I can see how it’s such a huge epidemic because you can have easy access to that stuff.
- [40:00] People who tie working success to the quantity of hours, I’m against it. There’s quality versus quantity. Right? We have very specific ways of tracking progress and development projects. We get really nerdy on this idea. We use a system to track basically hours efficiency and call it a Velocity of Tracks that Delta. What you estimated your time would take versus what it would actually take.
- [54:15] Final Words
- Submit an iTunes Review. More 5 Stars reaches more people!
- Visit our Resources page and a reminder to LIVE-THE-FUEL my friends!
- Join my private Facebook community THE FUEL TANK!