Your Content Marketing Academy Founder & Co-Host:
A human being and Dad to Spencer. Your latest co-host enjoys doing more of what makes him happy. He’s an award winning community creator from the United Kingdom.
2009 – 2011 was a transitional time for Chris. He was studying academically and non-academically, Chris started blogging and was fired up about the potential of social media and content marketing.
This is when he started to help small businesses in his spare time, cutting his teeth with social media and content for commercial enterprises. It makes sense now, looking back, that when he left his job to go to the university, that he decided to never work for anyone else, ever again.
“So, my story isn’t that dramatic – I didn’t quit my job to become an entrepreneur. I simply decided to not get a job after university.” – Chris Marr
CMA was registered in 2012 and Chris become a Director the day he graduated from the University of St. Andrews in June 2013.
“No one has ever asked me about my degree, and no one has ever asked me for my CV. This stuff doesn’t matter anymore.” – Chris Marr
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [01:00] Intro
- [10:30] Obsessed with the customers you have vs the customers you don’t have.
- [11:05] Get customers for “less than free”.
- [17:25] Allowing mistakes to happen and to learn from them.
- [20:50] The biggest killer of most businesses is complacency.
- [24:40] Chris loves to teach.
- [32:00] Creating speaking freedom by building lifestyle freedom into his business.
- [”35:20″] Chris’ first “real job” at 19.
- [”38:35″] Massive influence from Marcus Sheridan aka The Sales Lion.
- [”40:00″] Being a great speaker doesn’t just come from having a successful business, best-selling book, etc.
- [”44:20″] I lot of people don’t know what they don’t know when it comes to public speaking.
- [”44:35″] The World Class Communication Workshop at CMA and creating the World Class Communicator Podcast coming soon.
- [50:00] Final Words
Links and Resources:
- CMA Podcast
- CMA Membership
- CMA on Twitter
- Chris Marr’s Blog – Be Less Busy
- Chris Marr on Twitter
- Chris Marr on LinkedIn
- Chris Marr on Facebook
- Chris Marr on Instagram
You have to live for yourself. You have to stay true to yourself. Don’t get distracted by too many other people, your competition, etc. Keep moving forward all the time. Embrace those mistakes. The quote, “The Obstacle is the Way” from Ryan Holliday.
- Please Submit an iTunes Show Rating & Review, we need more reviews to increase our ranking and appearance. We love 5 Stars!
- Join THE FUEL TANK our community on Facebook! – “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” ~ Quote by Jim Rohn
- Be sure to check out our Resources and a reminder to “Keep Living The Fired Up Epic Life everyone!” #livethefuel