Spartan Super Lessons and Tips from your Host, Scott Mulvaney:
A special solo episode on Spartan Super Lessons and Tips with your LIVETHEFUEL Host, Scott Mulvaney! He recorded this episode on July 9th, 2017 after completing the Spartan Race Super Pennsylvania 2017 at the Blue Mountain Ski Resort in Palmerton, PA on Saturday, July 8, 2017. Listen in for more about Spartan Racing and his lessons learned from this latest adventure.
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [02:00] Sharing Spartan.com aka Spartan Super Race.
- [03:50] Sharing the Spartan Spring medal from 2014.
- [05:00] Spartan Sprints are the beginner entry point.
- [07:05] The STRAVA app.
- [07:20] Syncing the Garmin 735xt watch to the iphone.
- [09:20] Scott admits his mistakes with Garmin tech.
- [12:00] What is the competitor class of competition.
- [13:40] Scott loves his Vibram FiveFingers shoes.
- [15:55] IT Band tension issues on the run, more mobility
- [16:25] No alchohol before the race.
- [18:00] What is the Spartan Trifecta?!
- [21:00] Commit to Starting!
- [22:00] Overconfidence relating to training. The best coaches have coaches.
- [26:00] Grip strength relating to Spartan Tire Flips.
- [27:00] 30 burpee penalties are pretty sucky.
- [28:00] Top 3 Spartan Super lessons learned.
- [29:00] Applying mindset to endurance training. The mind is over the physical.
- [29:40] If you’re mentally weak you will break!
- [30:40] Final Words
You’ll Know At The Finish Line! – Spartan Super
Links and Resources:
- Spartan Racing
- Spartan Race Pennsylvania 2017
- The Spartan Racing Story – The Spartan Code
- Blue Mountain Resort
- Scott Mulvaney on Strava
- Garmin Forerunner 735XT Watch
YOU’LL KNOW AT THE FINISH LINE!
- Please Submit an iTunes Show Rating & Review, we need more reviews to increase our ranking and appearance. We love 5 Stars!
- Join THE FUEL TANK our community on Facebook! – “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” ~ Quote by Jim Rohn
- Be sure to check out our Resources and a reminder to “Keep Living The Fired Up Epic Life everyone!” #livethefuel