Embrace the adventures of rejection in business and in life:
Leo Quinn is a (former cowardly) marketing consultant from Upstate NY who decided in the Summer of 2019 to overcome his fear and seek massive rejection, inspired by the book “Go For No”, co-authored by former podcast guest, Andrea Waltz. At the time of this recording, he’s heard NO 536 times on his way to A Summer of A Thousand NOs. You can see where he is today at AdventuresInRejection.com
Quote: “I can achieve EVERY goal and reach EVERY dream by simply hearing NO more often.” – Andrea Waltz
Top 3 Hot Points:
- Go For No
- Embracing Rejection for Success
- Carnivore Diet
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [00:30] Introduction
- [10:00] So that was my first No, and that was easy. No, I sort of knew the guy. After that. I approach I’ve got a marketing company as well, I can do a lot for companies, but I decided I wanted something quick and easy with a ton of prospects. Because I knew that I would have to make a lot of phone calls to talk to the right person.
- [23:00] I saw a thing on the internet yesterday, a guy had got a bunch of plastic pigeons. He taped this message to the plastic pigeon and mailed it. Just as the pigeon. No box, no bag, he just mailed the pigeon. So you know he got the appointment that he was looking for. So now I’m on the hunt for life-size plastic pigeons that I will attach mail to and then I will definitely follow up.
- [30:00] So encourage them to give you a no and I think so because all salespeople have wasted millions of hours on the maybe’s.
- [40:00] Most of the NO’s of these 539 have been on the phone. Okay, I’ve conquered my fear of the phone, I really need to get more in-person NO’s. I want to get back into the lumpy mail and then follow up.
- [50:00] Final Words
Don’t, don’t speak for someone. Let them give you the NO. As an example, I was listening to a podcast, the podcaster and his guests were talking about the sorry state of cold emails. How they hate it, they get a ton of it, and they can’t stand it. If I had heard that before I’d sent that guy a cold email, I probably would have said, hey, he’s not gonna have me on. But I was on his podcast as a result of a cold email. So don’t accept the NO, don’t give somebody a NO, let them give it to you, or give them the chance to give you the NO.
The final thing I’ll leave with is all the research I’ve done. I’ve never found a story of someone who took on a legitimate rejection challenge and had a poor result. So take on the rejection challenge, whatever it is in your business 100 rejections, 1000, 10,000, do it, stick with it, and I bet you’re gonna have a positive result by the end.
- Andrea Waltz of goforno.com
- Jay Abraham “Billion Dollar Man” – entrepreneur.com/article/280874
Watch On YouTube:
- Submit an iTunes Review. More 5 Stars reaches more people!
- Visit our Resources page and a reminder to LIVE-THE-FUEL my friends!
- Join my private Facebook community THE FUEL TANK!