287: Best Damn Badass Shovels in the World, Kickstarter, and DMOS
Crowdfunding the new Delta Shovel with Badass Shovels, Susan Pieper of DMOS Collective:
DMOS began as a passion project back home in Wyoming after watching my son break shovel after shovel trying to build kicker jumps in our backyard. Many years and countless hard lessons later, we’ve managed to get enough things right to have a serious impact on people, professions and industries that we respect the hell out of.
So as we continue to grow and understand our own potential every day, we appreciate you taking the time to get to know us a little more also.
Quote: “No excuses. No worries. No regrets. No fear. Go all in.”
We are driven to bring manufacturing back to the United States, creating jobs, stable communities and a lighter footprint on our planet.
We elevate the art of digging through our innovative designs.
- Intelligent: We design up and never dumb down.
- Collaborative: We build products with and for our customers.
- Risk Takers: We take wise risks to drive innovation within our industry.
- Authentic: We are the antidote to digital vortex: tangible, real, and human.
- Integrity: We stand behind our work. For life. Guaranteed.
Top 3 Promises:
- We promise to make the ordinary extraordinary.
- We only make what you can’t break.
- If you don’t love DMOS, we’ll give you your money back.
[spp-tweet tweet=”Get your Delta Shovel and support the Kickstarter! You Too Can LIVETHEFUEL! @DMOSCollective “]
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [spp-timestamp time=”00:30″] Introduction
- [spp-timestamp time=”05:25″] Do you just get tired of snapping shovels which I’ve done for years?
- [spp-timestamp time=”08:55″] DMOS got started by building the perfect what we call the kicker tool. We got our start in snow really innovating from plastic snow shovels into purpose-built aircraft, aluminum, badass tools that were perfect for building a kicker and then your shovel the OG Alpha really was a foray into a broader market, which was people aren’t don’t just need a kicker tool, they need a driveway shovel, and then they need a truck shovel.
- [spp-timestamp time=”10:15″] You just have to prove upon yourself your own inventions before your competitors do and DMOS, so far, has no real competition in what we do well. Which is, we make the best hands down shovels that are purpose-built for I would say any vehicle-based work because of the telescoping into locking shaft.
- [spp-timestamp time=”20:00″] I was actually a navigator last year with a driver and DMOS was a sponsor of the Rebelle but the vehicle was not quite fully DMOS. So this year, we are fully DMOS, it’s Team DMOS.
- [spp-timestamp time=”30:00″] Then I realized, wait a minute, she’s redoing the old school military stuff. So that is why we really created the Delta Shovel tool.
- [spp-timestamp time=”41:00″] So my son went to the Free World Junior Freeride World Tour in Kappl, Austria. He’s 17 now, so this is the senior year. I was super proud of him at the Beartooth Basin because I saw him really charge it at the beginning of the run, which is off the cornice, he backed up about 20 feet, and he charged it.
- [spp-timestamp time=”56:00″] Final Words
I think it is the single all-encompassing thought is. Do something that matters and do it well!
- Rebelle Rally Off-Road Race
- Cody Matechuk – https://www.codymatechuk.com/
- Travis Rice of Jackson, Wyoming – http://www.mtoutlaw.com/travis-rice/
- Visit DMOS at DMOSCollective.com
- Instagram @DMOS_Collective https://www.instagram.com/dmos_collective
- Twitter @DMOSCollective https://twitter.com/DMOSCollective
- Facebook @DMOSCollective https://www.facebook.com/DMOSCollective/
Watch On YouTube:
- Submit an iTunes Review. More 5 Stars reaches more people!
- Visit our Resources page and a reminder to LIVE-THE-FUEL my friends!
- Join my private Facebook community THE FUEL TANK!