The Truth Behind Toxic Relationships and Your Own Toxic Family with Dr. Sherrie Campbell:
Today’s guest is Dr. Sherrie Campbell, a licensed psychologist, inspiring author, and nationally recognized expert who’s featured regularly on TV and radio, as well as Daily Mail, Huffington Post, and Entrepreneur.
Quote: What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.
Dr. Campbell is here today to share her expertise from nearly two decades of clinical training and practice to help each of you break free of the limiting beliefs that may be holding you back, and rise up to live the life you were born to live.
Top 3 Hot Points:
- Health Communications
- Toxicity Awareness
- Disowning Unhealthy Family
[spp-tweet tweet=”Loving Yourself Is Not Easy, You Have To Grind! @Dr_Sherrie “]
- Book: But It’s Your Family…: Cutting Ties with Toxic Family Members and Loving Yourself in the Aftermath
If you love yourself, your life is going to shift and you loving yourself sounds really super easy. It’s really not, you have to grind. You know, you’ve really got to know yourself to love yourself. And you really can’t love someone else. Unless you love you any way you’d be giving some sort of a famed love but it’s okay to set boundaries. You know, boundaries are not to hurt or to harm others. It’s just to keep the good and get the bad out.
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [spp-timestamp time=”00:30″] Introduction
- [spp-timestamp time=”05:30″] I agree 100% and I’m very much of a coach, I’m not your passive listener, a canned psychologist that regurgitates back to you what you feel.
- [spp-timestamp time=”12:00″] I lived in Leadville for a couple of years, that little town where the Leadville 100 race is.
- [spp-timestamp time=”20:30″] But it is so toxic for me, so detrimental to my self worth, so many limiting beliefs created. It was crazy-making, I can’t prove a look at the disgust on someone’s face. I can’t prove a tone of voice, everything can be gaslighting.
- [spp-timestamp time=”30:15″] As a child, you don’t know that your parents are in need of change. You don’t have the ability to process that in your brain yet. It really takes until you’re in your adulthood to recognize what toxic is I knew things weren’t right as a kid I knew but I couldn’t explain why. I couldn’t explain why. If I did, it would get gaslighted and turned around on me.
- [spp-timestamp time=”40:00″] If anything, if you had decency in your being, she allowed her emotions to get the best of her and her self centeredness to get the best of her. I would think a couple of days later, you’d have like some guilt, or some resolution happening. It’s like oh my god, what did I do? You know what, maybe I need to put the olive branch out there? I need to reach out to her like, I feel like a complete POS.
- [spp-timestamp time=”51:40″] The number one reason people leave their job is they don’t like their boss. If it’s sick at the top, whether it’s corporate America or your family, the trickle effect is it’s going to be sick at the bottom. It’s that chemical we talked about at the beginning of the show that just slowly moves through the system who poisons it.
- [spp-timestamp time=”01:01:20″] Final Words
- Submit an iTunes Review. More 5 Stars reaches more people!
- Visit our Resources page and a reminder to LIVE-THE-FUEL my friends!
- Join my private Facebook community THE FUEL TANK!