253: Add A Bet, Pavlok, Habits Coaching for Entrepreneurs
Improve Your Habits, Level Up Your Coaching, and Add A Bet with Pavlok Founder and Author, Maneesh Sethi:
Maneesh Sethi is the founder of Pavlok — the wearable device that uses electric shock to help you break bad habits. Plagued by attention and focus issues his entire life, Maneesh decided to invent a technology to help him regain control — and break the bad habits that held him back. Maneesh and Pavlok have been featured on the Colbert Report, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, Good Morning America and more. Maneesh also was the founder of Hack the System, where he showed the world how to write NYTimes Bestselling books, become a famous DJ in Berlin, start an NGO in India, travel first class for free, and more. Find out more at Pavlok.com/
“You are what you do, excellence, therefore, is not an action but a habit” ~ Aristotle
[spp-tweet tweet=”Need To Improve A Habit For Success? Need Coaching Support? You Too Can LIVETHEFUEL! @pavlok “]
Top 3 Hot Points:
- Break Your Bad Habits.
- Train New Good Habits.
- Add A Bet!
The secret is to add non-shareable accountability and a negative reinforcer in order to complete the massive shift in your behavior. It really only takes a day. It only took me a second once I made the most powerful bet I ever made which was my assistant Caleb.
I made a bet that before I went to bed I would write down three things I would do tomorrow and that the bet would auto recur forever. Once I made that one bet, my life has completely changed.
I’m not saying you should start off with a humongous bet, there is power in auto-recurring and we can talk about that another time. There is so much power of just a small bet with a friend, PLEASE if you’re listening to this, do it try it out. Then, shoot me, Maneesh, an email with exactly what happened and I’ll do a giveaway! (Maneesh’s email is firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Habit Coaching Quiz
- Productive Entrepreneur Coaching
- Hack The System
- Book: 53 Things I’ve Learned in 30 Years On Planet Earth
- @Pavlok on Instagram
- @Pavlok on Twitter
- @PavlokWearable on Facebook
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [spp-timestamp time=”00:30″] Introduction
- [spp-timestamp time=”07:40″] I’ve noticed more and more that receivers are people like me, they have better peripheral vision. Whereas people who are focused, have to have things waved in their face to get their attention.
- [spp-timestamp time=”14:00″] There’s a circadian rhythm, which is your hormonal balances. You know very well that human beings are not designed to be awake at 11 pm, yet somehow with the invention of light bulbs, we are. Therefore, there are things that can change and psychology is not owned by hormones. Psychology is in the moment and hormones are in balance. Circadian rhythms are a long term thing.
- [spp-timestamp time=”10:40″] When we first launched, it was going to be about a forming good habits product. Rapidly, we discovered that our product was the best in the world bar none for breaking BAD habits. We approach the problem of bad habits in a very fundamentally different way.
- [spp-timestamp time=”20:30″] It’s about having somebody else be their boss, or in this case, their accountability buddy. For me, as the CEO of a habit change company and a CEO with pretty bad habits, I was spending a lot of my time dilly-dallying and wasting time on Facebook, chatting on messenger, etc. I really needed a boss. So when I first started a company, the idea came because I hired a girl to sit down next to me and SLAP me in the face every time I wasted time.
- [spp-timestamp time=”31:00″] We have two programs. One is a habit coaching, and one is entrepreneurial coaching. We basically bring you to work with our coach, they do exactly what I just told you and make sure you get stuff done. The second thing we have is habit coaching. We support coaches, so we help you with either a specific habit or simply helping establish good life coaching and good habits in general.
- [spp-timestamp time=”36:00″] I need this help too, as much as everybody. I’m very open about my own problems around my qualms and I often share my own computer usage, or my rescue time scores and all that stuff.
- [spp-timestamp time=”43:00″] Final Words
- Submit an iTunes Review. More 5 Stars reaches more people!
- Visit our Resources page and a reminder to LIVE-THE-FUEL my friends!
- Join my private Facebook community THE FUEL TANK!