If You Can Believe It, You Can Achieve It! Our Theme with Today’s LIVE Guest Co-Host, Jeremy Motivates:
Jeremy Vermeulen is a husband, father, youth basketball coach, motivational speaker and author. His talks focus on the topics of happiness, overcoming adversity, believing in yourself, positivity and leadership.
He has always been someone who has found joy in helping people realize that life is so much more than what is right in front of them. In the winter of 2012, Jeremy jumped at the opportunity to volunteer as a youth basketball coach for a non-profit organization and live out a lifelong dream of coaching. This is where his passion to help others really started to shine. Then, in 2015 after overcoming a one and a half year battle with depression Jeremy’s passion became a burning desire fueled by a single notion that “If you believe it, you can achieve it!” Since then his mission has been to take his message from the basketball court and share it with the masses.
Jeremy’s belief that personal growth and development a long with hard work can help you achieve the life you desire; it is what drives him to continuously learn new methods and techniques that can be used to enhance not only his life but also the lives of others as well.
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [spp-timestamp time=”00:30″] Introduction
- [spp-timestamp time=”04:14″] Independent youth facilities and organizations, basketball seasons, reinforcing all these positive things. Reinforce that if you make a mistake, it’s all right, you’re going to make a mistake. But get back up, get back with the team, keep doing what you’re doing.
- [spp-timestamp time=”08:26″] I don’t let any kid ever feel like they are the weak link, I identify which kids are strong and what skills, etc. Some kids maybe have two to three good skills.
- [spp-timestamp time=”11:27″] Most of my speaking when I go out to youth organizations, or even mental health facilities, like outpatient mental health facilities, I’m telling them about my story. I’m telling them how I fought back against those things.
- [spp-timestamp time=”14:35″] Embrace your fears.
- [spp-timestamp time=”16:50″] Initially, I’d hit a pause. Life will get in the way, you know, family things, whatever it may be.
- [spp-timestamp time=”19:22″] Setting a definitive ultimate goal. At the end of the year, you gotta have it completed. Draw a hard line in the sand.
- [spp-timestamp time=”24:08″] I look at life as a journey. We all have one. We’re all living that journey every day. Mine was trying to find happiness through some of the adversity that I had faced.
- [spp-timestamp time=”28:25″] There is nothing that I wouldn’t do for my kids. There’s nothing that I wouldn’t sacrifice for them. There are sacrifices I’m making in my life, to give them a better life, not to say that I had a bad life, but something different than I had.
- [spp-timestamp time=”33:00″] How can I take care of my kids if I’m mentally drained.
- [spp-timestamp time=”38:18″] That was kind of the start of a weird, very weird journey and childhood.
- [spp-timestamp time=”40:09″] So in the fairy tale world, she, my mother was the evil queen. My brother was the horrible step brother.
- [spp-timestamp time=”41:49″] I got depressed. I hit a depression wall.
- [spp-timestamp time=”44:50″] Doing some personal development and self-education.
- [spp-timestamp time=”47:55″] You try and deal with the stress. But you forget about the emotional portion. That’s really what broke me because you have two choices. I feel you have two choices. When it comes to stress and emotions. You can either address them and deal with them, or you can let them build up and you’ll break.
- [spp-timestamp time=”51:00″] Two years to get past the change the shame component.
- [spp-timestamp time=”52:56″] Putting in the reps, you had to start putting in the healing reps.
- [spp-timestamp time=”56:32″] Jim Rohn left a lot huge footprint in the world. Yeah, and then I found Eric Thomas.
- [spp-timestamp time=”01:04:05″] Final Words
“If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.” – Quote Jim Rohn
[spp-tweet tweet=”Are Your Motivated?! You Too Can LIVETHEFUEL! @jvmotivates “]
Watch On YouTube:
Co-Host Links and Resources:
- Get My Happiness Journey: 8 Guiding Principles to a Happy Life on Amazon!
- Jeremy on Linked-In
- Jeremy on Facebook
- @jlv_motivation on Instagram.com
- @jvmotivates on Twitter
- Jeremy on YouTube
If you believe it, you can achieve it!
- Submit an iTunes Review. More 5 Stars reaches more people!
- Visit our Resources page and a reminder to LIVE-THE-FUEL my friends!
- Join my private Facebook community THE FUEL TANK!
Follow on Instagram: