Relationship Minimalism, Part II, After Episode 189:
Have you looked at each Relationship imprinting your life for the future? Today we follow up on a two-part theme around Minimalism with our regular co-host for 2018, Travis Roznos. Travis returns as a follow up to last months, episode 189, to dig deeper into the minimalist actions involving the different Relationship imprints on our lives.
Travis is an ex-corporate ladder climber in the advertising technology space turned catalyst for change in the way the world identifies with and experiences masculinity. Achieving and performing were all that mattered in my twenties until the point where after getting the promotions and making the money, I kept coming back to feeling completely empty. All my intentions and energy were focused on consuming more things external to myself to build up my identity. A lack of having a father figure my entire life has taken me on this journey of untangling myself from the social pressures we feel as men to be a certain way, to prove our manhood. Taking down the masks socially and emotionally has been my path to freedom, natural expression, and purpose. I’ve built a community for men to do the same and it’s called The Drop. As an embodiment coach and a current Wim Hof Instructor in training my focus is to create a path for men that will allow them to cultivate the way of being and discipline to carry out a life of depth and purpose.
- 137: Wim Hof Inspired Purpose Through Masculine Practice with Travis Roznos
- 150: Time to Build Identity Capital with Travis Roznos.
- 162: Twenties to Thirties Birthday Inspiration with Travis Roznos
- 189: Minimalism with Travis Roznos of The Drop
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [spp-timestamp time=”00:30″] Introduction
- [spp-timestamp time=”01:35″] Scott busts out of his biking jersey.
- [spp-timestamp time=”01:55″] Travis congratulates Scott on his engagement and they talk about him planning his heli-skiing wedding in Banff, Alberta, Canada.
- [spp-timestamp time=”03:00″] Scott wants minimalist relationships. Travis and Scott why people are afraid to talk about relationship minimalism.
- [spp-timestamp time=”05:15″] Travis wants to be more conscious of who he allows into his calendar and who we give our time to. Scott shares his new scheduling hacks and breaking up his own availability.
- [spp-timestamp time=”7:55″] Is your relationship on the friend level, the romantic level, where is it right now? Are you showing up fully, am I showing up fully, are they showing up fully? If it’s not a hell yes… You don’t want to be throwing your time away because you are afraid to be alone.
- [spp-timestamp time=”13:45″] Who is your inner circle for the downtimes, tragedies, who are the cheerleaders in your life? Will they be around for you in times of strife?
- [spp-timestamp time=”14:00″] The 1’s, 2’s, and 3’s system. This is outside of your productivity. This is for your social energy. Write down the top 20 people and/or groups that you spend the most time with. Are they a one, two, or a three?
- [spp-timestamp time=”19:55″] This is all for making the big changes in our lives, align yourself with the right people for the big transformations.
- [spp-timestamp time=”20:50″] Travis is a coach, he’s obsessed with the human condition. It’s not a linear experience, we can get there in many ways.
- [spp-timestamp time=”21:45″] Stop spending and chasing the money. Find the right people and the right coaching relationship to take you to the next level.
- [spp-timestamp time=”25:00″] Don’t hang with the negative co-workers. Don’t go to happy hour with the negative nancies.
- [spp-timestamp time=”30:15″] Lately Travis is trying to operate as a Walking Permission Slip.
- [spp-timestamp time=”30:00″] Final Words
Be Obsessed With The Human Condition. – Travis Roznos
[spp-tweet tweet=”Give yourself a permission slip. Coach Travis is obsessed with the human condition! @TravisRoznos “]
Watch On YouTube:
Links and Resources:
- Travis Roznos on Twitter
- The Drop for Men on Facebook
- The Ice Man Wim Hof
You are not wrong to reassess who you’re spending a lot of time with. Develop boundaries to better help you out. If you notice that there is a lonely phase, that’s okay too. Travis is giving you permission to embrace this. There is going to be tough conversations to be had. It’s very important and is worth the time spent reassessing.
- Please Subscribe and Submit an iTunes Show Rating & Review. The more reviews, the more people can find us. We love 5 Stars too!
- Join our private Facebook Group community called THE FUEL TANK.
- Visit our Resources page and a reminder to LIVE-THE-FUEL my friends!