A Story of Overcoming Suicide, the Author of From Nope To Hope, your Co-Host, Lorraine Reguly:
Today’s Lifestyle Podcast provides so much more than just a story that overcomes Suicide. Lorraine Reguly, B.A./B.Ed., is an author and English teacher-turned-freelancer for hire. Her life journey is motivational and inspirational. Lorraine’s book, From Nope to Hope, is a self-help book designed to help anyone who wishes to lead a happier life and contains a built-in workbook. Lorraine offers 4 different services on Wording Well, including writing/blogging, editing, and consulting/coaching/mentoring. She also helps others become published authors! Check out her services and see what she can do for YOU. You can also visit her author site, Laying It Out There. And don’t forget to pick up your FREE copy of 20 Blog Post Must-Haves today!
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [spp-timestamp time=”00:30″] Introduction
- [spp-timestamp time=”09:50″] Trying to deal with the after-effects from her rape on her own. From smoking drugs to numb the pain, to depression, to underage drinking.
- [spp-timestamp time=”11:40″] Her idea of love got really messed up, this lead to entering bars at 15 and becoming promiscuous.
- [spp-timestamp time=”12:20″] The dangerous thoughts that came from her traumatic events… Her realization that she should stop giving it away for free and enter prostitution. She wasn’t getting love, so she should at least get paid for it.
- [spp-timestamp time=”13:00″] It’s crucial to get outside help after traumatic events whether it’s sexual abuse, physical abuse (men or women), emotional abuse, and/or psychological abuse.
- [spp-timestamp time=”25:30″] Lorraine’s powerfully influential poem.
- [spp-timestamp time=”45:05″] Mindset and beliefs shattered at 14 years of age when she was raped.
- [spp-timestamp time=”01:04:00″] Final Words
Rather than loving things, and using people, we grow rich by loving people and using things.” – Penny Tremblay
[spp-tweet tweet=”From Nope to Hope, Overcoming Suicide and Make positive changes in LIFE! @LorraineReguly “]
Watch On YouTube:
Links and Resources:
- Book: From Nope to Hope
- Wording Well
- Laying It Out There
- Lorraine Reguly on Facebook
- Wording Well on Facebook
- Like the Author Lorraine Reguly on Facebook
- Lorraine Reguly on Twitter
- Lorraine Reguly on Instagram
- Please Subscribe and Submit an iTunes Show Rating & Review. The more reviews, the more people can find us. We love 5 Stars too!
- Join our private Facebook Group community called THE FUEL TANK.
- Visit our Resources page and a reminder to LIVE-THE-FUEL my friends!