Anxiety, Hero WODs, and Facebook LIVE Podcasting on Super Bowl LII Morning:
Today’s podcast is from our Facebook LIVE event on February 4th, 2018 after we completed the weekly, Sunday, CrossFit Hero WOD. We had followers tuning in LIVE as we podcasted together on Super Bowl morning. We dropped the mics live and hit a solid podcast on Anxiety and the power of our Athletic CrossFit Community! We had the return of our regular co-host, Sports Psychologist, Dr. Megan Cannon Ph.D. from Mind of the Athlete. Also joining us is co-owner of CrossFit Adoration, Corley Heiserman!
The Four F’s of CrossFit Adoration. Fitness, Fun, Friendship, and Family ~ Corley Heiserman
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [spp-timestamp time=”00:25″] Introductions Live from CrossFit Adoration and Scott being a CrossFit Social Whore in his travels.
- [spp-timestamp time=”01:25″] How to get Corley to do his mobility work post workout.
- [spp-timestamp time=”01:45″] Honoring a new Hero WOD named HILL.
- [spp-timestamp time=”03:30″] Performing Hero Workouts of the Day aka WOD’s helps us remember those who have served us and fallen for us.
- [spp-timestamp time=”04:00″] Shoutout to Doc John of the Mobility Doc and Lehigh Valley Barbell.
- [spp-timestamp time=”05:45″] Making Corley bleed with a barbell.
- [spp-timestamp time=”6:00″] The local story of HILL from who fell in the line of duty recently in January 2018, right from the Harrisburg, PA area.
- [spp-timestamp time=”07:10″] Megan’s perspective on Anxiety in relation to CrossFit as a newbie.
- [spp-timestamp time=”09:45″] Relating to the community of CrossFit and what a BOX aka gym is all about.
- [spp-timestamp time=”10:40″] Corley catches us up on the Four F’s of CrossFit Adoration. Fitness, Fun, Friendship, and Family.
- [spp-timestamp time=”12:00″] Megan jumps in on the observations of Corley’s Four F’s and what it takes to keep people working out.
- [spp-timestamp time=”13:45″] Social awareness of the aggressive and passionate fanbase of Philadelphia Eagles fans.
- [spp-timestamp time=”16:20″] Corley asks Megan about the older athlete related anxiety and how we can coach better for the older generation members.
- [spp-timestamp time=”20:00″] Don’t be afraid to ask questions and as coaches definitely cover the basics in proper details. Hit those fundamentals.
- [spp-timestamp time=”21:35″] Pro athletes making the unknowns, known. How the NFL will pump in cheering crowd sounds while the athletes are there a week early to acclimate them to game day conditions.
- [spp-timestamp time=”30:00″] Throwing up before the big game.
- [spp-timestamp time=”33:00″] Megan set her mindset to PR her deadlift.
- [spp-timestamp time=”37:00″] Using Sports Psychology with pro athletes is becoming more and more popular.
- [spp-timestamp time=”40:00″] Post-Olympic depression when athletes step down. Plus discussing the mental fortitude of athletes like Lindsey Vonn.
- [spp-timestamp time=”43:30″] Final Words from Corley Heiserman
- [spp-timestamp time=”45:40″] Final Words from Megan Cannon
[spp-tweet tweet=”ANXIETY and Making the Unknowns Known, Facebook LIVE and the Super Bowl with @DrMeganCannon “]
Links and Resources:
- Mind of the Athlete
- Dr. Megan Cannon on Facebook
- Dr. Megan Cannon on Instagram
- Dr. Megan Cannon on Twitter
- Dr. Megan Cannon Ph.D. at Mind of the Athlete
- Dr. Megan Cannon on Linked-In
- CrossFit Adoration
- CrossFit Adoration on Facebook
- CrossFit Adoration on Twitter
- CrossFit Adoration on Instagram
- Corley Heiserman on Facebook
Corley Heiserman: Every Sunday, all are welcome to attend our Hero WOD’s. All we ask is that people make a donation to the Hero WOD donations box to pay for a membership punch card for a first responder. Please send any first responder over to CrossFit Adoration to take advantage of this free trial period that is funded by our members who donate every Sunday. Final-Final words from Corley… Tom Brady sucks.
Dr. Megan Cannon: Ultimately it’s about getting out there. Make the unknowns, known. Knowledge is power. Don’t let anxiety get in the way, get out there and get more confident.