A Passionate and Interactive Co-Host, The Sales Lion Himself:
Our co-host today has been called a “web marketing guru” by the New York Times. The Story of how he was able to save his swimming pool company, River Pools, from the economic crash of 2008 has been featured in multiple books, publications, and stories around the world. It is also the inspiration for his newest book, “They Ask, You Answer,” which was dubbed the #1 marketing book to read in 2017 by Mashable.
Known for his incredibly unique ability to engage live audiences, Marcus Sheridan has become a highly sought after global speaker and consultant in the digital sales and marketing space, working with hundreds of business and brands alike to become the most trusted voice of their industry while navigating the ultra-fast rate of change occurring within consumers and buyers today.
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [spp-timestamp time=”01:30″] The Sales Lion joins us as our latest co-host for a fun conversation.
- [spp-timestamp time=”03:30″] Sales as a Profession vs a Job. Marcus doesn’t agree with the point that nobody likes to be sold to.
- [spp-timestamp time=”06:45″] 70% of the buying decision has already been made before we walk in the door these days.
- [spp-timestamp time=”07:45″] Channeling They Ask, You Answer to save his pool business.
- [spp-timestamp time=”08:45″] The online content that took him 45 minutes to write on his kitchen table has generated over $3.5 million in sales.
- [spp-timestamp time=”10:45″] Active Listening vs Just Listening.
- [spp-timestamp time=”13:45″] Good Parenting as a Teacher.
- [spp-timestamp time=”16:25″] Analyzing how Tony Robbins works.
- [spp-timestamp time=”17:35″] World Class Communication.
- [spp-timestamp time=”18:50″] Marcus’ #1 frustrated email that he receives.
- [spp-timestamp time=”20:05″] You can be a profit to the world but nobody listens to you in your hometown.
- [spp-timestamp time=”25:00″] How do YOU propose we solve the problem.
- [spp-timestamp time=”28:00″] The #1 thing that dictates someones compensation in 2017.
- [spp-timestamp time=”31:30″] Marcus’ disappointment with George Washington University.
- [spp-timestamp time=”32:45″] Read outside the lines, we don’t need to follow outdated systems. Marcus’ 16-year-old daughter travels the world with him since she was 14!
- [spp-timestamp time=”33:45″] His daughter rocked her first keynote speaking opportunity, opening for Marcus, at a recent Content Marketing Academy.
- [spp-timestamp time=”34:35″] His daughters 15-year-old entrepreneurial journey into the glitter eyeshadow market.
- [spp-timestamp time=”38:50″] She said “Why Not Me”.
- [spp-timestamp time=”40:20″] Living Spouse, Family, First.
- [spp-timestamp time=”45:00″] Updating your website with a section for the problems you solve.
- [spp-timestamp time=”46:00″] Updating your website with a section for who you are not a good fit for.
- [spp-timestamp time=”47:30″] Saying NO to prospects to grow your success. Save yourselves from the ones that cause you all the stress.
- [spp-timestamp time=”53:50″] Final Words
[spp-tweet tweet=”Is It Possible That This Applies to Me?! Listen in with @TheSalesLion @LIVETHEFUEL “]
Links and Resources:
- @TheSalesLion on Twitter
- @TheSalesLion on Facebook
- @TheSalesLion on Instagram
- @TheSalesLion on YouTube
- River Pools
- Marcus Sheridan on LinkedIn
- Marcus Sheridan on Twitter
- Marcus Sheridan on Facebook
- Marcus Sheridan on Instagram
- Content Marketing Academy
Getting back to business… The ones who attend speaking events, hear the new teaching/principle/technique… then say, that may have worked for them but it wouldn’t work in our business… they are the ones that FAIL.
The ones that say, “is it possible that this applies to me”, are the ones that will succeed. If we go through life in that mindset, we will be dramatically more successful, we will be a sponge, and we are going to be fulfilled as well. We are going to be changing and evolving all the time, that’s a wonderful thing!
Marcus’ challenge to you, the listener, is to always go with that mindset that “Is It Possible That This Applies to Me” and he promises that great results will occur!
- Please Submit an iTunes Show Rating & Review, we need more reviews to increase our ranking and appearance. We love 5 Stars!
- Join THE FUEL TANK our community on Facebook! – “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” ~ Quote by Jim Rohn
- Be sure to check out our Resources and a reminder to “Keep Living The Fired Up Epic Life everyone!” #livethefuel