Your Author, Speaker, and Blind Blogger Co-Host:
A totally blind carnival owner turned equipment broker who later found out he was accidentally inspiring the world. So he started sharing more of his story as a blogger, author, and now public speaker. He’s also lost over 250 pounds after having gastric surgery and changing his daily lifestyle. He loves helping others in all ways, welcome Max Ivey to our show!
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [spp-timestamp time=”01:00″] Intro
- [spp-timestamp time=”02:30″] Going gray and hair dye.
- [spp-timestamp time=”05:30″] Trains vs Planes and the Amtrak Riders and Residents award.
- [spp-timestamp time=”08:00″] The observation car.
- [spp-timestamp time=”10:25″] What surprised Max most at DreamCon.
- [spp-timestamp time=”11:00″] Eye of the beholder vs Ear of the beholder.
- [spp-timestamp time=”12:50″] The majority of the world doesn’t know about the other blind influencers.
- [spp-timestamp time=”13:10″] Becoming known as the Blind Blogger.
- [spp-timestamp time=”14:28″] Max Ivey’s Tagline: “A blind entrepreneur sharing his inspiring story of transformation.”
- [spp-timestamp time=”16:30″] Relating to our upbringing, life choices, and connecting this back to Scott’s experience with his Native American firefighting brothers. Do you want to just sit on a couch and just eat Cheetos all day?!
- [spp-timestamp time=”18:30″] We have to make a decision and a choice. We also have to make a choice as to what defines our success as we go forward.
- [spp-timestamp time=”20:15″] A pocket full of lessons to share with the world.
- [spp-timestamp time=”21:20″] Helping Max clarify a comment made at DreamCon, “just another day, just another event.”
- [spp-timestamp time=”23:50″] Scott and Max clarify Goal Setting percentages.
- [spp-timestamp time=”25:40″] Being Grateful vs a Brag Wall relating to “As Seen Online”.
- [spp-timestamp time=”28:00″] Vision Boards.
- [spp-timestamp time=”29:35″] The support of your inner circle.
- [spp-timestamp time=”31:30″] The Bullshit of a BS.
- [spp-timestamp time=”34:40″] One of Max’ favorite quotes…
If I had to live my life again, I’d make the same mistakes, only sooner. ~ Tallulah Bankhead Quote
- [spp-timestamp time=”36:00″] Screwing the hell up.
- [spp-timestamp time=”45:00″] Relating to visually impaired ski racing at Camelback Mountain Resort in Tannersville, PA.
- [spp-timestamp time=”48:45″] Correcting Max on his use of living as a coward but actually living as a true risk-taking inspiration.
- [spp-timestamp time=”50:45″] Scott writing a book?! Max calling out Scott on getting a publicist.
- [spp-timestamp time=”58:00″] Giving props to our mutual friend Super Joe Pardo.
- [spp-timestamp time=”58:15″] Max talks about his first domain purchase for the Midway Marketplace. This is before The Blind Blogger ever existed online.
- [spp-timestamp time=”01:01:15″] Helping market and sell rare carnival equipment.
- [spp-timestamp time=”01:04:20″] The hard topic of conversation around “blind people” living as inspirations. Max states, you can call me inspirational as long as you can tell me what I inspired you to do…
- [spp-timestamp time=”01:09:00″] Final Words
[spp-tweet tweet=”Leading You Out of the Darkness into the Light author @maxwellivey “]
Links and Resources:
- The Blind Blogger website
- The Blind Blogger on Facebook
- Maxwell Ivey on Twitter
- Maxwell Ivey on YouTube
- Maxwell Ivey on LinkedIn
- Maxwell Ivey’s book: “Leading You Out of the Darkness into the Light”
- The Midway Marketplace
I just do the best that I can do, at this minute, on this day. Then I do better or I do more tomorrow. At the end of the day, if you can tell yourself that you did that, that you did at least one thing different, took at least one concrete step that you didn’t take the day before, made one new acquaintance, if you can just do the best you can today, then do it a little better tomorrow, then eventually you’ll get there.
- Please Submit an iTunes Show Rating & Review, we need more reviews to increase our ranking and appearance. We love 5 Stars!
- Join THE FUEL TANK our community on Facebook! – “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” ~ Quote by Jim Rohn
- Be sure to check out our Resources and a reminder to “Keep Living The Fired Up Epic Life everyone!” #livethefuel