Mindset Over Matter
Your mindset is a powerful thing in regards to a daily commitment. It can allow us to do some amazing stuff. But like the body, we have to take care of it and maintain it. Today’s co-host helps us do exactly that. Dr. Megan Cannon from MindoftheAthlete.com helps athletes from various levels deal with their mindset and understand how to overcome negativity.
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [spp-timestamp time=”01:46″] Up and coming events
- [spp-timestamp time=”02:29″] Megan enjoys working with the college athletes, Her team works with the athletes one on one. This helps them through the hard times and which helps them thrive and control their Mindset
- [spp-timestamp time=”03:38″] Getting into sports Psychology
- [spp-timestamp time=”05:41″] Mind of the leader
- [spp-timestamp time=”07:58″] As a leader are you using an active listening skill set
- [spp-timestamp time=”09:40″] Mistypes of communications
- [spp-timestamp time=”12:39″] What is your learning style
- [spp-timestamp time=”13:42″] Behaviors we do always serve as a function
- [spp-timestamp time=”14:44″] We all get nervous. Take a breath. Put in the work
- [spp-timestamp time=”19:36″] We all need our accountability partners
- [spp-timestamp time=”21:46″] If your mind is not in it, you need to take a rest day
- [spp-timestamp time=”24:37″] You have to have those outlets to stop you from exploding
- [spp-timestamp time=”28:58″] Stop, breath and be aware of the thoughts that are going on in your head
- [spp-timestamp time=”34:12″] Myth busting on Journaling
- [spp-timestamp time=”37:58″] Self-talk, the good and the bad and body image.
- [spp-timestamp time=”44:41″] Understanding a negative mindset and where to find Megan
- [spp-timestamp time=”46:49″] A lot of success is breed from athletics
- [spp-timestamp time=”48:51″] A talk on sleep
- [spp-timestamp time=”49:40″] Final Words
[spp-tweet tweet=”Life is not permanent, you can change it at any point in time @mindofathlete on @livethefuel visit livethefuel.com/021″]
Links and Resources
- Dr. Megan Cannon on Twitter
- Mind of the Athlete
- MindoftheAthlete.com on Facebook
- MindoftheAthlete.com on Twitter
- MindoftheAthlete.com on YouTube
- MindoftheAthlete.com on LinkedIn
- MindoftheAthlete.com on Instagram
When any of us go through those dark times, we go through those struggles, which inevitably happen to us. They get thrown at us, we get curve balls and the most important thing to remember is it is not permanent. Right now you may be stuck at this moment. It may appear to last forever, and you can’t see the end of the tunnel, but it is there.
When we go through things, when there are those struggles, it’s that awareness, that ability to see that there is another side of this. It’s not permanent. You can get help. You can get resources. You can get out of it with the aid of others, companies, podcasts, etc.
- Thank you for listening, please take a few minutes to Submit an iTunes Show Rating & Review, we love 5 Stars!
- Join THE FUEL TANK on Facebook! – “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” ~ Quote by Jim Rohn
- Follow us on all of social media @LIVETHEFUEL – “Keep Living The Fired Up Epic Life!” #livethefuel