Are you ready to never binge again? Listen in with our newest guest co-host, Dr. Glenn Livingston Ph.D.:
Never Binge Again author, Dr. Glenn Livingston, Ph.D. is a veteran psychologist and was the longtime CEO of a multi-million dollar consulting firm which has serviced several Fortune 500 clients in the food industry. You may have seen his (or his company’s) previous work, theories, and research in major periodicals like The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, The Chicago Sun-Times, The Indiana Star-Ledger, The NY Daily News, American Demographics, or any of the other major media outlets you see on this page.
You may also have heard him on ABC, WGN, and/or CBS radio, or UPN TV. Disillusioned by what traditional psychology had to offer overweight and/or food obsessed individuals, Dr. Livingston spent several decades researching the nature of bingeing and overeating via work with his own patients AND a self-funded research program with more than 40,000 participants. Most important, however, was his own personal journey out of obesity and food prison to a normal, healthy weight and a much more lighthearted relationship with food.
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [00:30] Introduction
- [04:30] Proper third-party studies for research and results. Losing respect for Harvard Studies.
- [06:00] Getting into the full meaning behind Never Binge Again and Glenn’s personal story.
- [13:00] Youth and how we sponge up knowledge and data, relating to emotional triggers. Glenn’s story behind his mothers’ hug.
- [18:30] Why the explanation of extreme neglect.
- [24:20] Glenn’s emotional story of his mom, it took him 20 years to find the love his life to solve his chocolate problem. We must disempower that original emotional trigger.
- [29:00] Relating to the addiction treatment industry.
- [34:30] Relating wildfire to Glenn’s story, his teaching’s. How can we mitigate the situation? Relating to the drive for the need to survive, relating to our Lizard Brain that was corrupted by industry.
- [39:30] Scott gets honest about his short experience with anti-depressants and emotional breakups. Glenn connects on the neurochemical relationship.
- [44:30] Waking you up and helping you remember who you are.
- [49:00] Glenn’s favorite two quotes.
- [50:00] Final Words
A life of discipline is better than a life of regret. – Jim Rohn
Watch On YouTube:
Links and Resources:
- Dr. Glenn Livingston on LinkedIn
- On YouTube
- On Facebook
- On Twitter
- On Instagram
- Book on Amazon
Glenn’s Mission: To help a million people a year to stop overeating and binging.
Glenn’s favorite two quotes:
- A life of discipline is better than a life of regret. ~ Jim Rohn
- You can have anything in life you really want – but you can’t have everything in life you really want. Decide. ~ Peter McWilliams
- Please Subscribe and Submit an iTunes Show Rating & Review. The more reviews, the more people can find us. We love 5 Stars too!
- Join our private Facebook Group community called THE FUEL TANK.
- Visit our Resources page and a reminder to LIVE-THE-FUEL my friends!