On this episode, I connect with the other half of a previous co-host Tony Huynh, TheInstaGuy.co. Today we dive into the world of finance. Our co-host has a background in finance and has been pursuing her entrepreneurial passion for three years now. She helps people create budgets, pay off college loans quicker and plan for the future. A lot of people struggle with this regularly.
A lot of us suffer from limiting beliefs when it comes to money. One of the main reasons is because of the way we grew up. We have to remember money is just a tool, and it doesn’t need to be hard. Today’s co-host aims to put us at financial ease, today’s co-host is Whitney Hansen of The Money Nerd Podcast.
We talk Money and more on this episode:
- [5:34] How Whitney got into personal finance
- [6:26] Paid off $30,000 of student loans in Ten Months
- [8:17] Working two jobs for two years
- [8:48] Office space
- [10:59] Being disciplined and living a minimal lifestyle
- [14:13] Being busy stops you spending
- [16:08] Identify where you are spending in the wrong areas and start spending heavily in the right areas.
- [18:23] You should have multiple savings accounts, one for your emergency funds, maybe one for the upkeep of your car or a vacation fund
- [19:07] Profit First
- [20:22] There are two types of people when to comes to money. Those who don’t want to think about their money, they just want everything to happen automatically and there are those who want to manually move the money between accounts
- [22:00] Embrace who you are, recognize your strengths and short comings but don’t ignore them.
- [22:29] Your a saver or a spender
- [26:25] Money is just a tool
- [28:05] Taking control
- [33:06] Make money matter
- [34:45] Limiting beliefs when it comes to money usually comes from the way grew up.
- [41:40] Budgeting and checking in with yourself
- [44:44] The snowball effect
- [45:25] Give yourself a little win
- [46:41] Vision boards and VAK – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Learning_styles
- [51:16] Bikini model and we talk about the book “Quarter Life Crisis”
- [58:01] About The Money Nerds Podcast
- [60:40] The power of Podcasting
- [64:17] Money Nerds Podcasts shares best practices and tips
- [67:51] If you are a business owner, Set 10% of your revenue, not profit aside for conferences or courses. This budget is for continuing education
- [68:50] Going to events and moving away from your home office and start networking
- [70:45] Personal Branding
- [78:03] Money. Don’t make it too hard
- [83:18] Final Words
Links and Resources
- Whitney Hansen’s Website
- Whitney on Instagram
- Whitney on Twitter
- The Money Nerds Podcast
- Profit First
- Rich Dad Poor Dad
- Thrive Event
- The Secret
- VAK Learning Styles
- Quarter Life Crisis
- Perpetual Traffic Podcast
- Office Space Movie 1999
Your financial life impacts your entire life. It’s not just a piece of your life. It is all intertwined. As soon as you figure out how to manage your money and it does not need to be difficult, the sooner you can figure out that process. The better the quality of life is going to be. Make sure you are prioritizing that and you are doing the research you need to make sure you understand how your money works.
- Thank you for listening, please take a few minutes to Submit an iTunes Show Rating & Review, we love 5 Stars!
- Join THE FUEL TANK on Facebook! – “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” ~ Quote by Jim Rohn
- Follow us on all of social media @LIVETHEFUEL – “Keep Living The Fired Up Epic Life everyone!” #livethefuel