Weight loss and long hours launching FAT: a documentary, the Chicago documentary, and more with director Peter Pardini:
Peter Curtis Pardini is an award-winning director and producer. His critically acclaimed documentary Now More Than Ever: The History of Chicago (which he also produced) won two film festivals and 4 awards on its way to 2 million viewers for its #1 rated premiere on CNN on New Year’s Day 2017. David Wild of Rolling Stone magazine hailed the documentary as “artful and definitive.”
In addition to Now More Than Ever: The History of Chicago, Pardini has written, produced and directed over 10 short films, 3 feature documentaries and three narrative features. In his senior year at Cal State Northridge, his screenplay, The Benders, was awarded as the best screenplay for undergraduates at the school. He would then become the personal assistant to Robert Moresco, the Oscar-winning screenwriter of 2006 Best Picture winner Crash.
His first documentary feature, Chicago: World Tour 2011, was created and edited with Pardini acting as the one-man crew. It was screened nationwide via Fathom Events in December 2011, making Pardini the youngest director, at age 24, of 2011 to have a feature film screen in over 500 theaters.
He has also directed several music videos, worked as an editor for Red Bull, directed national television commercials for international tutoring giant Mathnasium and the band Chicago. He has worked/created material with the likes of The Doobie Brothers, Jim Caviezel, Adam Carolla, Joe Mantegna, Kyle Mooney, Al Pacino and the Notre Dame sports program.
His work has been featured on The Grammys, HBO, CNN, Parade Magazine, Deadline Hollywood and People Magazine.
He recently completed Rolling Thunder (story/director), a feature film shot in one day starring Wes Studi and Joe Mantegna. He is currently in post-production on Fat: A Documentary, a feature film about the history of health myths in the US and abroad.
Top 3 Hot Points:
- FAT Truth
- Low Carb High FAT
- Documentary Film Success
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [00:30] Introduction
- [10:00] People can break out of that mindset of one thing is causing my bad health. When you’re burning fat and you’re fat adapted. The fat is actually good for you and it gives you your fuel.
- [20:00] When I had a regular nine to five job, I was saving money more than I am now or I was just watching my spending more. I was basically single, so I would just get those TV dinners thinking, well, there’s only 12 points in each of these. So I would have three a day and thought it was pretty amazing still maintaining or losing weight. That’s one of the things we talked about in the documentary, it is the fact that weight loss does not always mean good health.
- [31:00] Movie’s and catering. It’s an unspoken rule, that even if your union, you just you have to be there for the crew. They can’t go out, they have to be in and set up all day long for the filming.
- [40:00] My favorite argument against the ketogenic diet that, yes, it works, but after you stop it, you gain the weight back. That’s why you don’t stop it.
- [50:00] The next time he saw me, he was at the Chicago show, and he came up to me. He said you look like you’ve lost weight since I saw you. I said, yeah. He asked what are you doing, what are you exactly eating? I said, meat, eggs, butter, coffee, water.
- [01:07:00] Final Words
If you bought this movie and watched it, Thank You. Especially if you bought it and supported the project on Indiegogo too. If we can share this with as many people as possible, they’re going to watch it and they’re going to say, “Oh, my God”, like one of my friends did last night, “Is this true?!”
That’s what we want. We want people to watch it and say, I’ve never heard that before. Then they go and tell other people and then we can really make a change. Because in all honesty, like all documentaries, that’s what they are there for. To tell a story that people haven’t heard before, and it leads them to either changing their lives or helping to change other people’s lives. So I would just say continue to share it. If you don’t want to buy it, just rent it and watch it.
Short links for FAT:
- iTunes = bit.ly/fatdocitunes
- Vimeo = bit.ly/fatdocvimeo
- Microsoft = bit.ly/fatdocmicrosoft
- Amazon Video = bit.ly/fatdocprimevideo
- Amazon = bit.ly/fatdocamazon
- YouTube = bit.ly/fatdocmicrosoft
- Google Play = bit.ly/fatdocyoutube
- Vudu = bit.ly/fatdocgoogleplay
- IMDb = bit.ly/fatdocimdb
- Rotten Tomatoes = bit.ly/fatdocrotten
Watch On YouTube:
- Submit an iTunes Review. More 5 Stars reaches more people!
- Visit our Resources page and a reminder to LIVE-THE-FUEL my friends!
- Join my private Facebook community THE FUEL TANK!