Author of Making Money Simple, Peter Lazaroff turns Career Success into Financial Success:
Peter is the Chief Investment Officer at Plancorp, which manages $4 billion in investments for clients. He is also the author of the new book Making Money Simple: The Complete Guide to Getting Your Financial House in Order and Keeping It That Way Forever. Peter has built a national reputation as an educator with a unique ability to simply complex issues, which explains why Investopedia named him to the Top 100 Most Influential Advisors. He regularly appears on national television and writes articles for the Wall Street Journal and Forbes.
Quote: (1) “The rules are there are no rules” from Oscar Wilde
Quote: (2) “Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth.” – Mike Tyson….When it comes strictly to investing they would be different.
Top 3 Hot Points:
- What is a fiduciary promise?
- From Career to Financial Success.
- Financial Education for Freedom.
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [00:30] Introduction
- [10:40] The ultimate efficiency enhancers you have to figure it out. But I’m with you. When I moved to Plancorp, about four and a half years ago, the biggest life-changing move I made was time-blocking. Nobody can touch my morning. My mornings are sacred. I put big blocks on my calendar. I said do not book meetings, and it allows me in, the best thing you can do is just try not to open an email.
- [20:00] I sit down and I write and I unload. I don’t always know what I’m going to write in advance. So I mentioned when I wrote 5000 words, I said, I wonder if I could turn this into a book. I just kept going and naturally, that part was really natural to me, because I write frequently now.
- [33:00] You can go get a lot of investment advice online for super cheap, the thing we do is we just make sure people don’t get killed on their taxes and get your tax projections. You do that through eliminating surprises in a simple tax projection as a business owner. You might find that you can accelerate income or expenses, or the salary you have. Stay below that net investment, income tax and all the planning work that goes into that. That’s a big reason to outsource that so you can focus on your business.
- [40:00] I come from parents of doctors, so maybe I’m biased. Generally, you go to a professional expert, you go to the attorney. Generally, if you go to someone, you should trust that the advice is not in anyone’s interest, but making your financial life better.
- [51:55] Final Words
I think a lot of people just want to make sure they’re doing the right thing. Money can seem complicated but it just doesn’t have to be. Life is very complicated and you’re trying to find ways to simplify it. Don’t let it be something that you put to the side because it seems complicated. There’s a lot of great resources out there, not just my own that are helping simplify it.
The internet has done wonderful things, podcasts like this have done wonderful things in making these issues more approachable. So I really encourage you to try to, if there’s something you’ve been putting off, like your finances. That one thing you can probably think of, go ahead and just do that take care of it now because the benefit from it will compound over time.
- Roger Whitney, The Retirement Answer Man Podcast – rogerwhitney.com
- Book: Making Money Simple – https://amzn.to/2YK9MIM
- Twitter: @PeterLazaroff
- Instagram: @PeterLazaroff
Watch On YouTube:
- Submit an iTunes Review. More 5 Stars reaches more people!
- Visit our Resources page and a reminder to LIVE-THE-FUEL my friends!
- Join my private Facebook community THE FUEL TANK!