Don’t Feel Stuck. Embrace Failure, Get Punched In The Face, and Become Limitless with LGO Today:
Have you ever felt stuck?
That there’s more for you to achieve, more to your ever-unfolding story, but you’re just not sure how to get there? Then you’ve come to the right place because Laura Gassner Otting helps people do just that. She is the author of the brand new book Limitless: How to Ignore Everybody, Carve Your Own Path, and Live Your Best Life, which debuted at #2 in the Washington Post bestseller list right behind Michele Obama.
She is a serial entrepreneur who has started and sold a successful international executive search firm, built philanthropic and political action committees from scratch, and was a White House appointee on the team which created the national service project, AmeriCorps. Laura is like a punch in the face wrapped in a warm hug.
QUOTE: “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’ … You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Please join me in welcoming to the mic, lightweight champion of the “get-the-hell-out-of-your-own-way world”, competitive rower and professional badass, Laura Gassner Otting aka LGO!!!
Top 3 Hot Points:
- Get punched in the face.
- Embrace failure by wrapping it in a warm hug.
- Failure is not a finale, it is a fulcrum.
- Book: LIMITLESS on Amazon https://amzn.to/2MLe6Hh
- Become Limitless: http://LimitlessAssessment.com
- Website: http://lauragassnerotting.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/heylgo
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/heylgo
- LinkedIn: https://linkedin.com/in/lauragassnerotting
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/heylgo
I would say that if there’s if you take anything away from the show at all, I would say take away that failure is not a finale. It’s a fulcrum. Failure, it is a place from which we learn, we grow, and we thrive. I was giving this talk about two months ago, in Austin at Renaissance weekend and there was an astronaut in the audience. This astronaut had done three different spacewalks and at one point I said, except for you sir, because failure for you would most definitely be the finale ou there. Now for the rest of us walking around on terra firma, unless you are attached to an oxygen tether, failure is the fulcrum. Failure is the place from which we grow, we learn and we discover more things about ourselves. We realize that success might not have looked like what we expected success to look like when we first took the first step. It doesn’t mean that it’s not a success. So I would urge people to understand that failure is not a finale, it’s just fulcrum.
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [00:30] Introduction
- [05:00] There’s another voice in your head that’s like, what are you doing you crazy person, you’re going to die. Those two voices are talking to you at that moment and you have to decide which voice wins. I think people who have tested themselves who have pushed themselves to the limit, who have figured out what they’re made of, are the ones who can decide which one of those two voices win.
- [10:00] You have to be the one to edit the book down, there are tons of editors who will take it on, even if it’s a passion project.
- [15:00] He spends 45 minutes on the phone with me, helps me identify exactly the thing that I needed to do to change it to make the book really fucking great.
- [20:00] I have so many people come up to me, and they’re like, well, I can’t do all these things right now. I’ve got young kids or I’ve got student loans, or I’ve got aging parents, there’s always something. There is always going to be some excuse so I want to just put it out there that some of these things are real, right? Well, go on a Side Quest and learn to embrace the Side Quests!
- [30:00] Fast forward six weeks later, and there I am. No notes, no net, a big red circle. There were 2600 people at the Boston Opera House, with giant theater lights, and all of a sudden, I’m giving this talk.
- [40:00] I have always told people who come to work for me that if they’re in their same job three years after they’ve come to work for me, then I’ve failed them.
- [50:00] Who are the top paid speakers in the world right now? Michelle and her husband Barack Obama? Yeah, It’s pretty incredible that they have defeated the Clintons.
- [01:02:10] Final Words
- Submit an iTunes Review. More 5 Stars reaches more people!
- Visit our Resources page and a reminder to LIVE-THE-FUEL my friends!
- Join my private Facebook community THE FUEL TANK!
Watch On YouTube: