MMA Fighter Turned Trainer, Coach, and Mindset Buff, Welcome Clifford Starks:
I graduated in Kinesiology in 2005 and became a personal trainer. I also became a professional fighter in 2009-2017. It has always been more than just transforming the body though, the mind and spirit play key factors to one’s success. Which I definitely learned through my journey as a fighter and a coach. I have been honored to be given the opportunity to work with many clients on their mind, body, and spirit. Helping other’s live happier more fulfilled lives.
Quote: The opportunities are in the obstacles. – Clifford Starks
I realized just how important the mind was in the process of accomplishing any real success. I became extremely fascinated with psychology also had my personal life experience to pull from as well. I am always learning and growing. I love the saying if knowledge was all it took everyone would have 6 packs and be Millionaires. Knowledge is good to have, but applied knowledge is better, so I continue to take action. To grow as a person and a leader is the same as health, you never stop.
Top 3 Hot Points:
- Lessons learned from MMA Fighting
- Training and Coaching others
- Your Mindset and Your Story
What it all comes down to is that there’s greatness in you. Simply put, sometimes you have to put in the energy to really see it there. Sometimes, you have difficult times, and all of those difficult times, all of those hard pressure moments, are all life lessons. It’s all part of the story that you’re going to be able to tell somebody at the end of the day. So make it your best one and make it a great one. Go all in on your story. Because no one else is going to have yours.
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [00:30] Introduction
- [10:00] In order to crush the bad, we have to look it directly in the face. With that being said, it is important to build a solid base and your solid base are the people you do hang around with. That’s the reset button that will teach you to go right into your default. I can hang out with five people who are in crappy situations who are down. I feel so strong in my abilities, I think so strong in my belief in self, that I could bring them up.
- [20:00] My first thing is I love them. I empathize and I love because the one thing I’ve seen is people will fight for what they love. You know, I swear, everyone that’s gone through a process, it’s because someone they loved, they’ve either disappointed or they didn’t.
- [32:00] I say the opportunities are in the obstacles. There are going to be obstacles in life, that’s just the way it goes. There is no perfect road and you have to live on an imperfect road.
- [40:00] It all starts with the internal. So it’s not to say that you don’t feel things, it’s not to say that negative comments don’t hurt. It is to say you get to choose how you’re going to perceive it. You get to choose how you move forward.
- [53:00] So when I coach people, I have a really high percentage of people who are successful. It really does start with love. It starts with that because when you love them, it gives them permission to love themselves. There are times when it’s hard for people to love themselves because they’re either shamed or they feel like they can’t do it. They feel like failures and they don’t love themselves enough.
- [01:02:00] Final Words
- Submit an iTunes Review. More 5 Stars reaches more people!
- Visit our Resources page and a reminder to LIVE-THE-FUEL my friends!
- Join my private Facebook community THE FUEL TANK!
Watch On YouTube: