Study Evolution To Gain Better Health. Today’s Health Podcast is with Dr. Stephen Hussey and we discuss Balance vs Imbalance:
Dr. Stephen Hussey is a board certified Chiropractor and Functional Medicine practitioner. He has a bachelor’s degree in Health and Wellness Promotion from the University of North Carolina Asheville as well as a Masters in Human Nutrition and Functional Medicine and a Doctorate of Chiropractic both from the University of Western States. He is the author of two books on health; The Health Evolution: Why Understanding Evolution is the Key to Vibrant Health and The Heart: Our Most Medically Misunderstood Organ.
Quote: “Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs it people who have come alive.” – Howard Thurman
Dr. Hussey is passionate about the natural world and applying the natural sciences of ecology and evolution to understanding our chronic disease epidemic. He has worked with many people over the years and has seen the power of food, lifestyle change, and personal environment modification transform lives every day. He coaches people across the world back to health in an online coaching setting at ResourceYourHealth.com. When he is not working he enjoys time outdoors as well as reading, playing sports, and spending time with his wife and their three cats.
Top 3 Hot Points:
- Balance vs Imbalance
- Evolution Studies
- Be a Health Participant
- Get The Book on Amazon: The Health Evolution: Why Understanding Evolution is the Key to Vibrant Health – https://amzn.to/2Y6S0zM
Someone doesn’t have to be formally trained in something to apply it to life. I think that a lot of people think that I’m not an evolutionary biologist. You’re not traditionally trained in nutrition, but our life experience has given us the knowledge to apply that to our lives and help people in different ways to apply that to theirs.
I would encourage people to not be so narrow-minded when it comes to accepting advice from people. Let’s listen to their story, listen to how they got there. Take from them what you will learn and try to learn something from them. Even if you don’t end up doing what they recommend, you can take what you can from their story and what they learned. See if you can apply it to your life.
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [00:30] Introduction
- [12:00] When we have an injury, your body learns a new way of functioning to protect or get around that injury. When the injury heals, or say you had the surgery, things get a little bit more back to normal function. The body doesn’t necessarily unlearn that way of functioning.
- [20:00] Consumers were not getting health insurance because it was too expensive, or they weren’t using it. That was throwing a wrench into the whole system. This whole for-profit system goes between practitioners, insurance companies, and pharmaceutical companies. They did this thing to protect the whole system, which made everybody have to get mandatory health insurance.
- [31:00] I’ve developed an initial consult that, this sounds kind of bad, but kind of weeds out the people that aren’t ready to make the changes necessary. Lots of people come to me expecting that I can give them something they can take. They sometimes expect that I can do something to them that will cure them. However, then they can go back to living their life the exact same way.
- [40:00] Interesting thing about diabetes, this is one of my favorite things that I’ve come across. One thing about evolution is that people don’t realize that humans are supposed to hit optimal evolution. We’re still evolving now. So one piece of evidence for that is when you go through medical school, you’re learning about diabetes, and metabolic syndrome and heart disease and things like that. We see a higher incidence and prevalence in people of minority descent compared to people of European descent. So Pacific Islanders, African American, Native American, these people are more susceptible to these diseases, they get them more readily and more severely.
- [56:00] Final Words
- Submit an iTunes Review. More 5 Stars reaches more people!
- Visit our Resources page and a reminder to LIVE-THE-FUEL my friends!
- Join my private Facebook community THE FUEL TANK!
Watch On YouTube: