Today we discuss Flow State, High Energy, Millionaire Mindset Reconnection, and the Running Lifestyle Podcast:
Kari Gormley is a facilitator, certified Bounce Back Better trainer, flourishing coach, and positive psychology practitioner who works with individuals and organizations to bring to light the best versions of themselves. She believes that people can flourish through more meaningful relationships and by being their own “Chief Energy Officer”. Kari has helped businesses, government agencies, and schools create healthier lives through energy management programs. She has been featured in What’s Hot and New and Noteworthy in Apple Podcasts for her podcast, The Running Lifestyle Show. Kari has completed six marathons and has taken a solo trip around the world.
Kari earned a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in marketing from the University of Wisconsin–Whitewater. She also studied at Umeå University in Umeå, Sweden, and has a certificate in applied positive psychology from The Flourishing Center.
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [00:30] Introduction
- [03:07] Speaking of dinner, I actually have a Paleo, actually a Whole 30-friendly chicken soup in the Instapot going right now.
- [03:25] Shoutout to Anna Vocino and her sugar-free, grain-free Eat Happy Cookbook.
- [05:50] Discussing skiing best spots to train Kari’s son here in Pennsylvania. Bear Creek, Blue Mountain, Camelback, etc.
- [11:45] He’s more of a karate kid, individual sports karate.
- [15:15] I had a come to Jesus moment with my PT. Marathon Maniac. What I love about running is for people who are, strong, high energy, like both of us. It is this idea that calms you down and you’re able to maybe get rid of some anxiety. After many injuries and after running six marathons…
- [20:09] I love Flow. Side note, Steven Kotler who’s written books about flow has been on the podcast. A famous quote, And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years, quoted by Abraham Lincoln.
“And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.”
~ Abraham Lincoln
- [24:20] I have mad respect for vegans because I do understand from the environmental global warming standpoint, like, Whoa, I get it.
- [25:37] Flow is defined as, where what you’re doing is just a little bit past where we are competent, and you’re just sucked in, so time disappears…
- [29:20] I like to call that high performance. It’s a gift, it’s Flow.
- [32:55] Geeking out on stainless steel cups and now straws.
- [35:55] Marathon training do’s, don’ts, injuries, and recoveries.
- [38:30] OESH Shoes
- [40:30] You have to try something called Balanced Athlete, which is similar to CrossFit. I believe it is way better because you’re actually in your bare feet. They’re not all about quantity, they’re about quality.
- [45:40] Connecting on Julian Kaufmann and his Flow related book, Let Go Let It Flow.
- [45:40] I geek out about Flow because of Positive Psychology and being in the state where things feel right. I think it’s wonderful how CrossFit has this community and Runners have it too, it comes down to knowing yourself.
- [51:30] There’s the classic wheel of life that I think every self-development conference you ever go to mentions. You have your wheel, and then you have your different spokes…
- [52:28] It’s all on your mindset. That’s the whole positive psychology. Well, one of the domains mentioned was eating fat, David Perlmutter is great at influencing that.
- [57:25] They say people with ADHD at companies are three times more productive. Entrepreneurs who have ADHD…
- [58:46] Final Words
Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t–you’re right.
~ Henry Ford
Watch On YouTube:
Co-Host Links and Resources:
- Author: Anna Vocino of Eat Happy Cookbook
- Bear Creek Resort
- Author: Steven Kotler of Stealing Fire and The Rise of Superman
- OESH Shoes
- Author: Dr. Anthony Jay Ph.D. of Estrogeneration
- Jerry Gaura on LIVETHEFUEL
- Author: Julian Kaufmann of Let Go, Let It Flow
- Book: Go Wild: Free Your Body and Mind from the Afflictions of Civilization
- Author: David Perlmutter MD of the Grain Brain
We’ve had this sharing, this joy of sharing people that have influenced us and connections. I just really want to share that, especially in this is coming from a mom and you know, all of us have things going on. This is that to really honor this, is why I say that in my podcast is to honor yourself because you’re the most important person.
We get to interview, we have the opportunity to interview some big names, and they’re great. That doesn’t mean you’re not great. That you’re not important, you know, and I think I think it’s really time to be with that…
- Submit an iTunes Review. More 5 Stars reaches more people!
- Visit our Resources page and a reminder to LIVE-THE-FUEL my friends!
- Join my private Facebook community THE FUEL TANK!