Injured Firefighter Turned MortgagePreneur Co-Host:
Our co-host today was a professional firefighter for 12 years. Shane Kidwell worked at the busiest station on the west coast. While working in his dream job, he was injured and left with chronic back pain. That lifestyle transition helped him realize that he needed something to fall back on. So Shane began working in the mortgage business part-time. Last year he took the leap, retired early from the fire department (at 34 years old) and began his own branch and team. During Shane’s first year fully retired, their team did $70,000,000 in production and he made more money in one year doing this than he would have in 8 years as a fireman. Shane is now growing his team locally, as well as nationwide. He has spoken at business seminars and coaching summits for some of the nations top loan officers. Shane also has a 12 part webinar series beginning in September with 4 other high producing loan officer/branch managers. He’s been married to a lovely wife Fernanda for 9 years and they have seen 4 of the 7 ancient wonders of the world. Our goal is to see all 7.
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [00:50] Introducing Shane.
- [02:10] Shane Kidwell joins us.
- [05:15] Relating the firefighting lifestyle and its impact on our romantic lives.
- [06:25] Marriage takes time and commitment. Talking about the impacts of entrepreneurship and firefighting. At the end of the day, I can always generate more revenue, I can’t generate more time.
- [07:00] Shane’s WHY for his lifestyle change.
- [09:50] The Peacockers.
- [10:10] Growing up entrepreneurial, going from 7 figures to no figures overnight and his mom not being able to cash a check.
- [14:30] Shane will bet you a steak dinner… If you had a struggle today, you can find somebody who has had that exact same struggle, made it through that struggle, and can save you time/money by learning from them.
- [15:00] Grant Cardone’s 10X Rule.
- [20:00] Starting with nothing with Fairway and working as a one-man band.
- [29:40] Shane fires his boss.
- [35:00] Talking bulletproof coffee in regards to the dairy impact concerns.
- [40:10] Empowering People To Be Awesome. Building Systems. Relating to the E-Myth Revisited book.
- [40:30] Shane’s business DNA is in all of his team.
- [41:10] Losing his father when he was 7 and getting inspired to give back in business. The more income we generate, the more we give back.
- [41:35] People don’t want to work with robots. They don’t want to pay robots. They want to work with people they can crack a cold one with!
- [42:08] We get more done in 5 days vs what other people do in 7.
- [52:10] Connecting for THRIVE: Make Money Matter in Las Vegas this year. #thrivetribe
- [53:30] Always Compete by Pete Carroll of the Seahawks.
- [54:15] Shane isn’t going to change himself to slow down for you, YOU need to pick up the pace!
- [58:30] On pace to do $110 Million this year! What’s coming next…
- [59:00] His new goal for Clean Water in Africa and the time freedom to visit all the wells.
- [01:03:10] Bringing back the juice for his team from the THRIVE event.
- [01:04:30] Final Words
Links and Resources:
Make sure that every ounce of everything you do, in every second of every day, is powerful and it’s impactful for people. It’s not bad if that brings you financial gain, but make sure you give that financial gain back. Have a bigger purpose in life and have a vision of where you want to end up. Make sure you’re actually going towards that vision.
- Please Submit an iTunes Show Rating & Review, we need more reviews to increase our ranking and appearance. We love 5 Stars!
- Join THE FUEL TANK our community on Facebook! – “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” ~ Quote by Jim Rohn
- Be sure to check out our Resources and a reminder to “Keep Living The Fired Up Epic Life everyone!” #livethefuel