Your Author, Speaker, and Blind Blogger Co-Host:
A totally blind carnival owner turned equipment broker who later found out he was accidentally inspiring the world. So he started sharing more of his story as a blogger, author, and now public speaker. He’s also lost over 250 pounds after having gastric surgery and changing his daily lifestyle. He loves helping others in all ways, welcome Max Ivey to our show!
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [01:00] Intro
- [”02:30″] Going gray and hair dye.
- [”05:30″] Trains vs Planes and the Amtrak Riders and Residents award.
- [”08:00″] The observation car.
- [”10:25″] What surprised Max most at DreamCon.
- [”11:00″] Eye of the beholder vs Ear of the beholder.
- [”12:50″] The majority of the world doesn’t know about the other blind influencers.
- [”13:10″] Becoming known as the Blind Blogger.
- [”14:28″] Max Ivey’s Tagline: “A blind entrepreneur sharing his inspiring story of transformation.”
- [”16:30″] Relating to our upbringing, life choices, and connecting this back to Scott’s experience with his Native American firefighting brothers. Do you want to just sit on a couch and just eat Cheetos all day?!
- [”18:30″] We have to make a decision and a choice. We also have to make a choice as to what defines our success as we go forward.
- [”20:15″] A pocket full of lessons to share with the world.
- [”21:20″] Helping Max clarify a comment made at DreamCon, “just another day, just another event.”
- [”23:50″] Scott and Max clarify Goal Setting percentages.
- [”25:40″] Being Grateful vs a Brag Wall relating to “As Seen Online”.
- [”28:00″] Vision Boards.
- [29:35] The support of your inner circle.
- [”31:30″] The Bullshit of a BS.
- [”34:40″] One of Max’ favorite quotes…
If I had to live my life again, I’d make the same mistakes, only sooner. ~ Tallulah Bankhead Quote
- [”36:00″] Screwing the hell up.
- [”45:00″] Relating to visually impaired ski racing at Camelback Mountain Resort in Tannersville, PA.
- [”48:45″] Correcting Max on his use of living as a coward but actually living as a true risk-taking inspiration.
- [”50:45″] Scott writing a book?! Max calling out Scott on getting a publicist.
- [”58:00″] Giving props to our mutual friend Super Joe Pardo.
- [”58:15″] Max talks about his first domain purchase for the Midway Marketplace. This is before The Blind Blogger ever existed online.
- [”01:01:15″] Helping market and sell rare carnival equipment.
- [”01:04:20″] The hard topic of conversation around “blind people” living as inspirations. Max states, you can call me inspirational as long as you can tell me what I inspired you to do…
- [01:09:00] Final Words
Links and Resources:
- The Blind Blogger website
- The Blind Blogger on Facebook
- Maxwell Ivey on Twitter
- Maxwell Ivey on YouTube
- Maxwell Ivey on LinkedIn
- Maxwell Ivey’s book: “Leading You Out of the Darkness into the Light”
- The Midway Marketplace
I just do the best that I can do, at this minute, on this day. Then I do better or I do more tomorrow. At the end of the day, if you can tell yourself that you did that, that you did at least one thing different, took at least one concrete step that you didn’t take the day before, made one new acquaintance, if you can just do the best you can today, then do it a little better tomorrow, then eventually you’ll get there.
- Please Submit an iTunes Show Rating & Review, we need more reviews to increase our ranking and appearance. We love 5 Stars!
- Join THE FUEL TANK our community on Facebook! – “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” ~ Quote by Jim Rohn
- Be sure to check out our Resources and a reminder to “Keep Living The Fired Up Epic Life everyone!” #livethefuel