Our Sports Nutritionist Co-Host Helps Address the AHA and Coconut Oil:
With the AHA publishing incorrect health guidance on Coconut Oil and Saturate Fat, our regular co-host Erin Sparrold returns! She’s a Sports Nutritionist with Mind of the Athlete and knows her body fuel!
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [01:40] Welcome back Erin and her recent Ragnar Race completion.
- [03:00] The AHA confusing the public.
- [05:30] Vitamin deficiencies fuel depression.
- [05:45] Often if you’re addressing lifestyle and nutrition, you’d reduce the need for medications.
- [07:45] Erin drops the bomb on Coconut Oil and the American Heart Association relating to irresponsible journalism.
- [08:20] Often journalists don’t know what they’re writing about.
- [08:50] The incorrect article: “Coconut oil isn’t healthy. It’s never been healthy.”
- [10:00] Erin’s vents on the fact that the American Heart Association is still focused on Saturated Fat being the problem.
- [10:50] This is where the population gets confused.
- [48:15] Final Words
Links and Resources:
- About Erin Sparrold
- Mind of the Athlete
- Erin Sparrold on LinkedIn
- Erin Sparrold on Twitter
- Erin Sparrold on Instagram
- Erin Sparrold on Facebook
- Mind of the Athlete
- USA Today article – Coconut oil isn’t healthy. It’s never been healthy.
- American Heart Association article – Dietary Fats and Cardiovascular Disease: A Presidential Advisory From the American Heart Association
- Is Coconut Oil Deadly by The Dr’s Wolfson
People get so afraid of food. It’s Erin’s passion and her goal to change that from fear to the power that food has. Teaching to build health into our bodies and to help people to understand how to use food to do that. Let’s get away from all of this fear-based messaging. We need to take a step back from that and learn how to empower ourselves and not to be afraid of it.
- Please Submit an iTunes Show Rating & Review, we need more reviews to increase our ranking and appearance. We love 5 Stars!
- Join THE FUEL TANK our community on Facebook! – “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” ~ Quote by Jim Rohn
- Be sure to check out our Resources and a reminder to “Keep Living The Fired Up Epic Life everyone!” #livethefuel