Align Therapy in Your Life
A practice not thought about enough is how we move. If we took the time to analyze how we move we would probably uncover the root causes to most of our joint pain and inflammation. Helping people align their everyday movements is Aaron Alexander a movement coach from Align Therapy. Aaron has literally made courses about movement in our everyday life, such as chopping carrots, getting out of the car and sitting in a chair. Aligning these simple movements would improve your quality of life. Aaron is also a fellow Podcaster with the Align Therapy Podcast.
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [01:36] Dr. Jack Kruse and transitioning from Oregon to California
- [04:56] The brand Align Therapy and how it came about
- [06:41] The Power of Podcasting. Aaron has had his podcast for 2 years. He is now approaching 100k downloads per month. When he started his show his numbers were pretty low but after being a guest on other shows his numbers began to pick up.
- [11:04] Aaron has created courses around literally getting out of a car properly. He is creating a series of videos about the most effective ways to inhabit their bodies. The course should be about in April’17
- [12:24] It’s the consistency that makes the difference
- [14:41] It takes time to reprogram. It is a long game. Pulling the best practices from various different worlds, whether it’s CrossFit, Yoga or Martial Arts they all have something valuable to offer. If we can pull from all that and instilling those practices into our daily movement, it will eventually become who we are. Too often we get wrapped up in the quick fix. The way to get past that quick fix is to make it fun and the way to do that is to create activities around it.
- [18:40] Foam Rolling for mobility and recovery. Making sure your metabolic fire is always running.
- [21:55] We all have to be open until we have tried it. Give your body that space to step away from your habits.
- [25:04] Your environment and sleep is key. We always take from the cup but never take the time to ask how to fill it back up.
- [28:38] Look to the successful. When Aaron is looking at someone’s health, he is looking at the structure organisation around their joints, their skin quality, the elasticity of their tissue, how much they smile, their eye contact and how they relate to people in a social environment, all that is health and it is all things successful people are doing. What are they doing that could be applied to normal life?
- [31:09] Cycling and paying attention to you posture.
- [36:33] The effect of dance, art and the curse of handwriting on your creativity.
- [40:04] Who are you, where are you. The use of standing desks. It’s not about sitting or standing it is about the quality of the way you are sitting or standing.
- [45:21] Focusing on your mobility. Create a ceremony and an anchor around your sleep or the other things you want to get good at.
- [50:37] Final Words
Links and Resources
- The Align Therapy Podcast
- Align Therapy on Twitter
- Align Therapy on Instagram
- Align Therapy on Facebook
- Mobility WOD
- Dr. Jack Kruse
- Kevin Cottrell
- Robb Wolf
- Joe Rogan
- Laura Hamilton
- Ben Greenfield
- Vinnie Tortorich
- Andy Schreiber
- Kelly Starrett of Mobility WOD
Aligning your life. Figuring out, how can we start to make life like a game. `
Every moment is an opportunity. Take advantage of it. The best way to do that is to educate yourself.
- Please Submit an iTunes Show Rating & Review, we need more reviews to increase our ranking and appearance. We love 5 Stars!
- Join THE FUEL TANK our community on Facebook! – “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” ~ Quote by Jim Rohn
- Be sure to check out our Resources and a reminder to “Keep Living The Fired Up Epic Life everyone!” #livethefuel