On this episode of LIVETHEFUEL, we bring you a great example of taking a side hustle full time. Discovering a scheduling pain point while working on a web design for clients, Gavin Zuchlinski created Acuity Scheduling a by-product of working on his side hustle.
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [07:42] Scheduling out your day to reduce the clutter in your lifestyle and to add structure to your life.
- [10:24] Managing multiple calendars through Acuity. The goal for Acuity is for people who’s day revolves around scheduling appointments, can just sit back and allow Acuity take care of it so they can just focus on the clients.
- [13:38] Calendars are important because it gives you a platform, a system and a tool to start given you some structure.
- [17:08] Integrations and hooking up with Zero
- [20:26] Removing complexity. Building the right team members at the right time. The best asset you have is time.
- [25:51] Have patience and not trying to grow too quickly. Gavin grew Acuity from a part time hustle to what it is today.
- [27:30] Saying Yes. When you are saying Yes to something you are saying No to something else.
- [30:29] Acuity Scheduling Pricing Page.
- [32:01] Do you need to recreate the wheel or just integrate with what already works
- [33:52] The platforms we use can change like Facebook, Google, WordPress or even SEO, the one thing we can control is growing our email list and growing our captive audience. Have systems that talk together
- [35:44] Leaving a Government job to grow Acuity full time and where the original idea came from.
- [38:48] Your time is something that cannot be replaced
- [41:37] Growing a lean virtual team to suit your lifestyle
- [44:35] Employee happiness
- [48:22] Final Words
Links and Resources
- https://acuityscheduling.com/livethefuel An extended 45-day trial (instead of 14 days).
- Profit First
- E-Myth Revisited
Acuity Scheduling main focus is to help you offer and manage appointments online so you can spend more time focusing on what you truly love in life and which you are best at and leave all the other rigmarole and drudgery of appointments to us at Acuity. Whatever time spend and whatever time you end up saving because of Acuity you can spend more time enjoying life.
Feel free to reach out to Gavin via email@example.com
https://acuityscheduling.com/livethefuel that will give people an extended 45-day trial (instead of 14 days).
- Please Submit an iTunes Show Rating & Review, we need more reviews to increase our ranking and appearance. We love 5 Stars!
- Join THE FUEL TANK our community on Facebook! – “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” ~ Quote by Jim Rohn
- Be sure to check out our Resources and a reminder to “Keep Living The Fired Up Epic Life everyone!” #livethefuel