Organization Guru Co-Host:
Organization attainment and then staying organized, is an ongoing process. The key is to keep things simple. Don’t make life complex. Work with organization experts, like today’s co-host. Reach out. Get help. It’s OK. Helping you get control of your time and space is Miriam Ortiz y Pino of More Than Organized .net. Miriam is a professional organizer who helps her clients get organized around the home to allow them to focus on what is important to them.
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [02:04] Being overly organized and not allowing enough flexibility in our lives and business.
- [03:18] How Miriam got into helping people with organization.
- [05:19] Being more than organized
- [12:01] Create a system that works well with your lifestyle, personality or past times.
- [14:49] The Marie Kondo Method: Let the fabric dictate how you would fold an item of clothing
- [16:37] The Minimalist Documentary. Courtney Carver’s 333 Challenge.
- [18:21] You have to have the gear and the clothing to match your lifestyle
- [22:46] Miriam has been on the TV show Hoarders as one of the assistants.
- [24:34] More people want to get organized vs get fit this year.
- [26:10] Sacred money archetypes
- [28:01] Vinnie Tortorich how he organizing his kitchen Simplicity, keeping your surroundings simple. NSNG.
- [32:30] Creating a reverse Cook book
- [34:24] Organizing your kitchen
- [37:49] If a cluttered desk is the sign of a cluttered mind, what is a significance of a clean desk.
- [39:17] Re-purposing the things we have. Stop hiding your stuff
- [44:08] Use the tool that makes you happy and works
- [45:17] A need is something you will die without. A want is something you enjoy
- [49:57] “If you don’t make mistakes you are not working on hard enough problems and that’s a big mistake” Frank Wilczek
- [51:59] Becoming a virtual accountability partner. Organizing is the foundation for what you want to achieve in life or work. This is something often put off by people.
- [53:32] Staying organized is a constant on-going editing process, especially if you work from home. It’s hard to actually know what you are actually going to need to serve our clients. Sometimes things pile up but you have to plan in review times to upkeep your surroundings.
- [56:26] Final Words
Links and Resources
- Marie Kondo
- Courtney Carver 33
- Michael O’Neal
- JJ Colier
- Vinnie Tortorich
- Tony Huynh
- Graham Hill
- Frank Wilczek
Be organized does not have to be so hard. It can be a lot easier than you think.
- Please Submit an iTunes Show Rating & Review, we need more reviews to increase our ranking and appearance. We love 5 Stars!
- Join THE FUEL TANK our community on Facebook! – “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” ~ Quote by Jim Rohn
- Be sure to check out our Resources and a reminder to “Keep Living The Fired Up Epic Life everyone!” #livethefuel