Wisdom On Our 2016 Closeout Episode:
On this episode, we bring you another co-host that I had the pleasure of meeting at this years THRIVE: Make Money Matter. This gentleman has been presenting and speaking on stage since the age of seven. We discuss his expertise on love, relationships and how to dig deeper into who we are. We discuss the key points to lifestyle and how to tie all the LIVETHEFUEL domains together. P.J. finds a way to do the things he wants to do despite his limitations. Bringing the wisdom today on this episode is P.J Dixon!
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [02:44] PJ has a rare form of MS (Muscular Dystrophy). Such a rare form that it should have taken his life at the age of Seven. This year he turned 47.
- [04:09] Getting into Martial Arts. PJ has a pretty severe curvature of the spine and has limited movement in his arms and fingers since 2001. He had to find a way to use his body in other ways in Martial Arts.
“If you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right” Henry Ford
- [07:54] PJ has jumped out of planes and done Aqua Jet Packing and looking at other extreme sports this next year. He finds a way.
- [09:34] Even though he cannot do things independently, he finds a way to do them.
- [11:32] Using retreats in masterminding and zip lining for the first time. He does these extreme activities because it gives him a sense of freedom. He uses his manual wheelchair as a metaphor, he could switch to an electric wheelchair but in his wisdom he see’s that as giving up.
- [13:56] Embracing our fears. PJ is living that through and through. We are the directors of our own experiences. Life is meant to be about freedom.
“Live Life to the Fullest” Ernest Hemingway
- [17:03] P.J. explains where all his names come from and the meaning behind them.
- [21:52] To Quest. A right to passage from boyhood to manhood
- [24:32] The core to all his names is Love. PJ has been speaking on stage since the age of seven. A repeated vision of being hit by a car lead to a higher wisdom of gratitude.
- [32:23] Gratitude. Loving yourself so others can love themselves also.
- [33:40] “Pain is inevitable and suffering is optional”, Buddha
- [36:58] Fear of letting go
- [45:05] Embracing the suck
- [47:56] The primal brain taking over. Brotherhood and Sisterhood
- [51:35] Ego
- [54:27] When you become complacent it can become dangerous. You absentminded, distracted and you lose focus.
- [56:56] If you can’t be with the one that you want be with the one that your with. Meaning appreciate what you have in the moment.
- [01:01:09] An inspiration and mentor in Thrive host, Cole Hatter
- [01:06:35] Pencils of Promise and building schools. Raising and additional $16,000 in 3 minutes on stage at THRIVE 2016
- [01:11:59] Changing the World by Making Money Matter
- [01:13:02] Everyone holds the potential to make somebody’s life different and better
- [01:17:23] PJ wants to raise an additional $25k for the Pencils of Promise charity, Click Here to Donate
- [01:20:10] Final Words
Links and Resources
- P.J. Dixon’s Pencils of Promise Campaign
- P.J. Dixon online
- Schedule a One-on-One Call with P.J.
- Thrive | Make Money Matter
- Muscular Distrophy
You have the power. You have the ability to step up into your life in a way that makes an impact that changes people around you. When they look at you, you want to be doing things that inspire other people. If you are quiet and shy or just want to listen, that’s okay. You can do it on the side from a simple email to somebody, letting them know you care. Start by caring for yourself, start by loving yourself, start by identifying who you are and what you were born to do. That may not have anything to do with an actual career; it may have something to do with a passion you have. It doesn’t matter what other people think. What matters is what you were born to do. Listen to your soul integrity. What is the one thing you were meant and need to do? Let’s start there.
- Please Submit an iTunes Show Rating & Review, we need more reviews to increase our ranking and appearance. We love 5 Stars!
- Join THE FUEL TANK our community on Facebook! – “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” ~ Quote by Jim Rohn
- Be sure to check out our Resources and a reminder to “Keep Living The Fired Up Epic Life everyone!” #livethefuel