Minimalism, it’s value, it’s power, and the impacts for Travis Roznos:
Today we dig into Minimalism with our regular co-host for 2018, Travis Roznos. He has returned to discuss some the values and power of Minimalism. This has been an interesting observation when we compare the generational differences between my world of the Gen-X and his own world of the Millennial generation. Welcome back Travis Roznos! Also, stay tuned for a part II in the coming weeks where we dig deeper into Relationships on the topic of Minimalism.
Travis is an ex-corporate ladder climber in the advertising technology space turned catalyst for change in the way the world identifies with and experiences masculinity. Achieving and performing were all that mattered in my twenties until the point where after getting the promotions and making the money, I kept coming back to feeling completely empty. All my intentions and energy were focused on consuming more things external to myself to build up my identity. A lack of having a father figure my entire life has taken me on this journey of untangling myself from the social pressures we feel as men to be a certain way, to prove our manhood. Taking down the masks socially and emotionally has been my path to freedom, natural expression, and purpose. I’ve built a community for men to do the same and it’s called The Drop. As an embodiment coach and a current Wim Hof Instructor in training my focus is to create a path for men that will allow them to cultivate the way of being and discipline to carry out a life of depth and purpose.
- 137: Wim Hof Inspired Purpose Through Masculine Practice with Travis Roznos
- 150: Time to Build Identity Capital with Travis Roznos.
- 162: Twenties to Thirties Birthday Inspiration with Travis Roznos
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [00:30] Introduction
- [07:10] Scott recaps his own minimalism shift from corporate to firefighting, his stuff management and gear choices.
- [18:00] His own realization that his coaching business doesn’t need to be complicated.
- [18:20] Considerations of working from Thailand.
- [23:20] Top three things aka challenges that Travis keeps hearing in his coaching practice with his clients. Discipline, willpower, resistance, and more.
- [28:27] Final Words
“There are two ways to be rich: One is by acquiring much, and the other is by desiring little.”
– Jackie French Koller 1948
Watch On YouTube:
Links and Resources:
- Travis Roznos on Twitter
- The Drop for Men on Facebook
- The Ice Man Wim Hof
If people are in a state of overwhelm in their life, busyness or trying to change behaviors, Try to trim the fat at a more simpler level. For example, are you drinking a glass of water when you wake up first thing in the morning? It’s all about the more simple things.
Trim the relationships that don’t serve you. There are people out there that don’t serve their own space. Take a look at who you are hanging out with and ensure you are hanging out with people that add value to your life. This is easier said than done. Most people will continue to hold on to these draining relationships.
- Please Subscribe and Submit an iTunes Show Rating & Review. The more reviews, the more people can find us. We love 5 Stars too!
- Join our private Facebook Group community called THE FUEL TANK.
- Visit our Resources page and a reminder to LIVE-THE-FUEL my friends!