Your Spartan Racing co-host on a Seasonal Mindset:
She’s a multi-repeat co-host for our podcast show. Specializing in Sports Psychology, Megan brings a wealth of mindset development and a whole lot more to our show. Helping us today address a healthy lifestyle mindset and understanding more around the existence of the Seasonal Affective Disorder. Listen in while we catch up with Dr. Megan Cannon of Mind of the Athlete.
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [01:40] Raining cats and dogs.
- [02:10] Travel and tornado’s.
- [03:40] Speaking at SYR CrossFit.
- [04:20] Building Confidence with athletes preseason.
- [05:10] Seasonal shifts.
- [09:20] Vitamin D and Seasonal Affective Disorder.
- [10:30] Vitamin D is solar and nutritional.
- [10:50] Awareness, mood fluctuations, etc.
- [12:00] Megan catches us up on her Spartan Beast race from San Diego.
- [13:30] Blue Mountain Resort is one of the hardest terrains for Spartan Racing.
- [14:20] Megan and her brother fly to meet at Spartan Races.
- [17:55] Megan get’s honest about fears from her Malibu race.
- [18:30] As in life, take it one obstacle at a time.
- [20:05] L-Sits at SYR CrossFit.
- [22:00] Proper breathing, stand up!
- [24:40] Stimulating a healthy brain through challenging ourselves.
- [25:50] Dopamine high and feeling good.
- [30:00] Choke points.
- [32:30] Tip to start your first Spartan Race.
- [36:00] Take advantage of those choke points, rest and recover as a strategy.
- [37:30] Getting Dr. Megan’s thoughts on “You’ll Know At The Finish”.
- [43:00] Final Words
Links and Resources:
- Mind of the Athlete
- Dr. Megan Cannon on Twitter
- Dr. Megan Cannon Ph.D. at Mind of the Athlete
- Dr. Megan Cannon on Linked-In
- Mind of the Athlete on Facebook
- Mind of the Athlete on Twitter
- Mind of the Athlete on YouTube
- Mind of the Athlete on LinkedIn
- Mind of the Athlete on Instagram
- SYR CrossFit
- Seasonal Affective Disorder aka SAD
- Spartan Racing
- Civilian Military Combine
- Tough Mudder
Challenge yourself! Try something big or small, whether it’s a Spartan Race, or you’re trying to start a conversation with someone that you think is cute. Every day we have opportunities to challenge ourselves and get that sense of accomplishment. Fortunately, it’s our choice whether or not we choose to take it. Ultimately, in the end, there’s growth that happens!
- Please Submit an iTunes Show Rating & Review, we need more reviews to increase our ranking and appearance. We love 5 Stars!
- Join THE FUEL TANK our community on Facebook! – “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” ~ Quote by Jim Rohn
- Be sure to check out our Resources and a reminder to “Keep Living The Fired Up Epic Life everyone!” #livethefuel