From the NFL to Firefighting to Entrepreneurship, Your IMNOTYOU Co-Host:
A collegiate football player, gone NFL, and then on to serve as a firefighter for three years, Niyi Sobo( nee-yee show-boh) has experienced a lot. He’s followed his passions to build his own entrepreneurial brand, two podcast shows and more! Niyi’s full name is Olaniyi Sobomehin and he’s the creator of IMNOTYOU. Today we discuss a heavy focus on why he’s here to guide athletes to understand how mindset development will help us dominate:
“It’s all about how you think.”
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [01:00] Introductions with Niyi Sobo (nee-yee show-boh) of IMNOTYOU.
- [01:20] Connected thank to Kristy-Jo of the Body Buddies Podcast. Why the IMNOTYOU brand?
- [04:30] Most business fail in the first 5 years. Businesses that survive have that IMNOTYOU Mindset.
- [04:52] Becoming an entrepreneur means you must become the “lion in the jungle”.
Entrepreneurship means you must become the “Lion in the Jungle” – NIYI SOBO ~ IMNOTYOU.com
- [05:10] You can’t possibly stand out if you are doing what everyone else is doing.
- [05:37] Don’t post pictures on Instagram acting like you’re getting results. Actually really get the results.
- [06:00] Getting into Firefighting was harder than the NFL training camp.
- [07:15] The same things that hold people back are the ones that drive the other people. FUEL for the Fire.
- [09:20] Flip The Switch .
- [09:55] Niyi’s book recommendations.
- [12:00] Embarrassment vs Acceptance.
- [14:00] The winning personality vs never feeling like you’ve won enough. It’s a gift and a curse.
- [17:00] Public speaking lessons learned.
- [20:00] Niyi launching and supporting two different podcasts that can relate.
- [23:00] The ability to positively influence others is something that everyone should have.
- [27:40] Why Niyi likes to work out to music vs listening to a podcast.
- [34:00] Bodybuilders never feel like they’re perfect.
- [39:40] A War General connection point made on the value of planning and not always expecting a precise result.
- [50:00] Humility is not a lack of confidence or loneliness.
- [50:35] The Fed Up documentary and the book Ego is the Enemy.
- [53:15] Connecting on Tayo Rockson, Nigeria, etc.
- [55:00] Final Words
Links and Resources:
- Niyi Sobo (nee-yee show-boh)
- Niyi Sobo on Instagram
- Niyi Sobo on Twitter
- Niyi Sobo IMNOTYOU.com on Facebook
- Charlie Munger’s 25 Cognitive Biases
- Fed Up Movie
- Ego is the Enemy Book
Be the lion in the jungle vs the lion in the zoo.
- Please Submit an iTunes Show Rating & Review, we need more reviews to increase our ranking and appearance. We love 5 Stars!
- Join THE FUEL TANK our community on Facebook! – “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” ~ Quote by Jim Rohn
- Be sure to check out our Resources and a reminder to “Keep Living The Fired Up Epic Life everyone!” #LIVETHEFUEL