False Healthy Halo Co-Host Education:
Today’s episode is a return of certified nutritionist, Erin Sparrold, CN, MET of Mind of the Athlete. Erin returns to catch up on health, nutrition, but most importantly to talk more on this “False Healthy Halo” we’ve been creating overtop of our health and nutritional goals. A reminder, Erin Sparrold is a sports nutritionist with a passion for improving the health and performance of athletes. She has over 20 years of nutrition coaching experience.
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [02:00] Erin’s upcoming cooking event here in Bethlehem at Seasons Olive Oil along with what this craze is with using the terminology “Nom Nom” in relation to hunger or excitement.
- [4:55] Puglia, Italy and the Puglia Pinch taste from the purity of Villa Cappelli Olive Oil. Use Scott’s discount code “FUEL” to get 10% off your order!
- [5:55] Erin must read the book, Extra Virginity. All USA consumers need to learn about the “Sublime and Scandalous World of Olive Oil.” There’s no purity regulations to protect the consumers and a whole lot more that’s going wrong.
- [12:30] Erin’s funny story on Bone Broth.
- [15:30] Our toxic bodies and how our taste buds can become desensitized.
- [17:55] Stripping out healthy fats, for example on our salads, may impact how our bodies absorb necessary nutrients. Certain nutrients are not as bio-available.
- [20:00] Simplifying nutrition and biohacking.
- [22:50] Erin’s use of a False Healthy Halo to explain the improper food marketing that’s happening in our industry. It’s miss-educating consumers and sending us down unhealthy paths while making us think we’re making healthy decisions.
- [29:15] Blanketed “diets” can be quite unhelpful. We need to adapt and modify them to fit each unique person’s lifestyle.
- [36:30] How my own father’s heart doctor was incorrectly advising him on healthy heart diets. He was telling him to eat Cheerios vs real, whole, eggs. Eggs provide essential cholesterol that our cells require.
- [37:45] Our healthy gut microbiome.
- [40:30] Flip our current government approved, food pyramid upside down and we’ll see some amazing health improvements in this country.
- [40:00] The history and the government subsidies that has influenced our grain production and increased recommended consumption.
- [48:50] Erin keeps us away from the False Healthy Halo. She keeps it simple by teaching us to buy, whole, minimally processed foods.
- [57:10] Final Words
Links and Resources
- About Erin Sparrold
- Mind of the Athlete
- Erin Sparrold on LinkedIn
- Erin Sparrold on Twitter
- Erin Sparrold on Instagram
- Erin Sparrold on Facebook
- Erin Sparrold on Heads ‘N Tales Podcast
- Seasons Cooking Demonstration Event with Erin Sparrold
Erin’s message, her Golden Nugget, is to keep this super simple. Living a healthy lifestyle takes us time to implement. Don’t expect perfection overnight and don’t expect it at the finish line either, it’s a constant process.
- Please Submit an iTunes Show Rating & Review, we need more reviews to increase our ranking and appearance. We love 5 Stars!
- Join THE FUEL TANK our community on Facebook! – “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” ~ Quote by Jim Rohn
- Be sure to check out our Resources and a reminder to “Keep Living The Fired Up Epic Life everyone!” #livethefuel